INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changed all my cover arts to folder.jpg. now they are all GONE!!?  (Read 3064 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

any ideas why? when i play a song all my coverart thumbnals disappear? i have to do do file restore library to see them all again??

thank You.

HTPC4ME

can someone help me please?
i have been trying to get all my coverart to work since i been with you guys. always had problems. well last night i renamed all my cover arts that were previosly like this. folder-vanhalen, in that van halen folder are album folders. in those folders i had a .jpg ile. that was named 5150. then in greatest hits it was named greatest hits.jpg

Well last night i did some reading and read people are using folder.jpg instead of artist name or album name. so i renamed ALL of .jpg files in the folders to folder.jpg.

Well now none of my music files thumbnails are working? and when i checked application data there are only 600 thumbnails in there and i have thousands of music files\thumbnails...but all those 600 thumbnails still have the artisits albums.jpg(not folder.jpg) when in media center under images mode when i choose autoimport for my music folder where my music folders are with the folder.jpg files. Auto import doesnt import a single folder.jpg file? and i have it unchecked so that it will import them.

Did i royally screw up here by naming them all folder.jpg? did he forum mean something else by folder.jpg?

I have a party this weekend and need my thumbs to work again

Hope someone can help me?!

gappie

Re: changed all my cover arts to folder.jpg. now they are all GONE!!?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:45:55 am »

the folder.jpg files are still in the folders with the album? if so then it is possible to get it back.

try:
in options>file location set location rule to next to file(folder.jpg).
click on one of the files without thumbnail. rightclick on it go to coverart>quick find in file/coverart directory.
try one first!

tell if this works or not.

maybe the autoimport did not work because you had not choosen .jpg files to get imported. but it is also not neccesary to import them that way.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:39:04 am »

gappie i got frustrated last night. no one replied to me. so i pulled out my external backup harddrive. and copied my whole music folder over. now all Folders look like this

My music\Rock\3doorsdown\then all the songs files, and one file name 3 doors down-away from the sun.jpg

folders with mutiple albums look like this My music\acdc (then 4 albums\folders called who made who\fly on the wall\razors edge\ greatest hits\ In those folders are the songs and then one .jpg file For example acdc =who made who folder in there are the songs then a jpg named DC-who made who.

after doing that last night i went to audio media mode selected all music files and choose update library from tags. and this morning i tried playing acdc song the song before the song i selected the song i selected and the song after the one i selected. the cover arts disappeared. and this is with all songs.

I dont know why but i can not\have had so many problems with jrivers thumbnails. and thats the only on going problem ive had since i been wih you guys.

If you could give me a step by step process on how to fix this it would be appreciated. and when you say folder.jpg if you want me to change them all to folder.jpg does that mean literally the word folder? or folder means name of the folder where the pic resides?

gappie

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:51:01 am »

check if in options>file location location rule is set to next to file (album - artist.jpg).
click on one of the files without thumbnail. rightclick on it go to coverart>quick find in file/coverart directory.
try one first!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 11:01:45 am »

ok while i was waiting for your reply i changed options 2 locationrule next to file artist artist album. then in audio mode selected one file, then edit select all update library from tags. it searched and filled all the thumbnails in.

then went to rock playlist 3doors down choose song it played immediatelly after HOVERING my mouse over it that songs thumb disappeared, then the song after it and song before it disappeared. then i recieved your reply. and selected 3 doors down song (1 thumbnail that disappeared) and choose quick find in file\coverart directroy. and it showed it then it disappeared immediatelly. if i goto c\docs settings\appdata\media center 12 in cover art folder there is only 440 files in there. but in media center under audio mode it says 12349 audio files. is this maybe my problem? the cover arts arent going into app data jriver coverart from my external drives\ my music folders?

gappie

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 11:20:52 am »

ok while i was waiting for your reply i changed options 2 locationrule next to file artist artist album. then in audio mode selected one file, then edit select all update library from tags. it searched and filled all the thumbnails in.

then went to rock playlist 3doors down choose song it played immediatelly after HOVERING my mouse over it that songs thumb disappeared, then the song after it and song before it disappeared. then i recieved your reply. and selected 3 doors down song (1 thumbnail that disappeared) and choose quick find in file\coverart directroy. and it showed it then it disappeared immediatelly. if i goto c\docs settings\appdata\media center 12 in cover art folder there is only 440 files in there. but in media center under audio mode it says 12349 audio files. is this maybe my problem? the cover arts arent going into app data jriver coverart from my external drives\ my music folders?

they wont go to the coverart directory on your c:. apparently they are there from a time you had the options set to store albumart in a specific folder.
now try this.
go to the folder from 3doors down. change the name of the jpg to folder.jpg.
in options>file location set location rule to next to file(folder.jpg).
click on one of the files of 3down without thumbnail. rightclick on it go to coverart>quick find in file/coverart directory.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 11:29:33 am »

ok i did that. it is changed to folder.jpg

went and chose location rule folder.jpg
then chose quickfind. it brought it up then once i hovered mouse over it . it disappeared again?  the file i chose to find in coverart directory, the one before it and the file after it ...the thumbs disappeared.:'(

gappie

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 11:45:32 am »

now when you click on that 3doors song without thumb click tag and look under image file. what does it say?

HTPC4ME

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 12:57:04 pm »

it just says jpg. not .jpg just jpg

They ALL just say jpg for file image..

gappie

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 05:11:26 pm »

it should have said: folder.jpg. some last thing to try: open the jpg file in the 3doors folder using internetexplorer or firefox. right click on the image and choose copy. go to mc, rightclick on the file, go to coverart>paste from clipboard. what you see now in the tag from that file and in the folder. and what happens when you play the file.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 06:51:48 pm »

ok i tried that.
copy'd it then opened mc, then rightclicked coverart then paste from clipboard and got the error no image found on clipboard must be image or url\filename of image.

i cant believe i lost all my thumbs? and cant get them back especially after copying whole backup musc folder over. you'd think it would work as it did?!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 10:11:09 am »

next suggestion please?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 11:06:30 am »

If you restore your music folder like you did before you can restore a library backup from around that same timeframe.

If your library changed after that, just run auto import and everything should be fine.

To restore your library, Choose File, Library, Restore Library. Then make sure the folder your in is J River\Media Center\Library Backups. The filenames have dates in them.

To play safe, backup first to a custom name and then do the restore.

Hope that helps.
Ingemar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up