INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.198 smartlist dropdown box issues  (Read 901 times)

keefycub

Media Center 12.0.198 smartlist dropdown box issues
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:30:06 pm »

I recently upgraded via "check for upgrades to 12.0.98."  I currently have about 75,000 oggs in my collection, more are added constantly.

I randomize albums by:

a) establishing audio
b) establishing genres if required
c) establishing that the list only consists of Track 1 at this point.
d) randomising sort
e) modifiying list to contain full items.

The idea is that if I do not play an album in its entirety, my random tracks smartlist will pick it up, but I do not listen to the same album over and over.

I do it this way because I have found that simply randomising the tracks and choosing full albums and no duplicates puts all the box sets (some up to 200 tracks!) at the very top of the list, where albums and eps with three and four tracks or radio shows with 1 track are at the bottom.  This is a way to attempt to balance the size of the albums out.

When I try to choose this particular sequence using the dropdown boxes, the "Expand To Full Albums" does not stick when creating a new smartlist.  It always reverts to "Limit Percentage To" (modifier: ~a) which is useless to me.  The smartlist never returns any data.

Imported smartlists are not affected.

The help file makes reference to an advanced button allowing me to type in modifiers the old way (and copy and paste I hope), but I cannot find the advanced button anywhere.  It does not show up.

My questions:

1.  I largely prefer typing in strings to drop down boxes, because I can simply copy, paste, and modify by typing.  It's quicker to me.  Is there a way to modify this build to remove the dropdown list boxes and return the system to the older method?

2.  Where is this mysterious invisible advanced button, if I can't remove the the dropdown box?

3.  If the advanced button was forgotten in this build, how do I completely copy the entire smartlist to another smartlist, so that I may make one small modification (such as changing the genre)?

Thanks in advance.

keefycub

Re: Media Center 12.0.198 smartlist dropdown box issues
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:04:03 pm »

Update.

My previously imported lists are now beginning to randomly change the "Expand to full albums" field to the limit field as described above, after 24 hours.

What is wrong?

keefycub

Re: Media Center 12.0.198 smartlist dropdown box issues
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:56:06 pm »

Updated to 12.0.207.   This fixed the issue of not being able to build the playlists using the dialogue box.  It took some digging and if I'd not been a beta-tester before I wouldn't have spotted the possible fix.

What perks are available should I continue to be a beta-tester for free?  (This is not a facetious or dishonest statement.)

The three questions as before still stand, though.   I do not like the dialog box at all, and I would prefer to have my choice with how smartlists are built.  Where is this advanced button referred to in the help file?
Pages: [1]   Go Up