INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please explain cover art MC/iTunes/WMP  (Read 1037 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Please explain cover art MC/iTunes/WMP
« on: April 13, 2007, 01:49:10 pm »

Believe it or not, but I never cared much for cover art. Actually I do but I think it is a dreadful process to say the least that spoils the fun.

Anyway, I once tried Windows Media Player and had this wonderful tool to get cover art from various websites. It got most of them and I had to do some of them manually. But MC never picked this up. I gave up and deleted everything except music files.

Now with iTunes it can also find cover art but the ones I have from MC are not picked up there and the other way around.

Don't tell me I need three different ways of storing an album cover for each program? What's the purpose of storing art in an Mp3 if its not being used? Is there a filenaming convention that works for all three of them?

Thanks,
Ingemar.

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
Re: Please explain cover art MC/iTunes/WMP
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 02:39:17 pm »

I think Mc12 becomes the cover art from it's own database, which is not that big. Wmp has a better/bigger one. Try to rename the cover art files to folder.jpg. Maybe you can use the files in all programs than. When not....you have to save cover.jpg in the tag....which is quite easy with Mc12.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
Re: Please explain cover art MC/iTunes/WMP
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:37:03 am »

I can't tell you what you did wrong but i can tell you that coverart works
perfectly for me.
I use MC to find coverart and store it inside the MP3.
After i've done this there is no problem to see coverart using WMP or iTunes or on my IPod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up