INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD images and fast mounting possible?  (Read 1179 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
DVD images and fast mounting possible?
« on: April 22, 2007, 10:01:58 am »

Is it remotely possible to import image files of dvd's to MC and make it play in a single click?
I normally use Daemon tools for image's, and have tested some of the fastmount and shell integrations. I'm a little dissapointed not to have discovered a way to just double click an image to mount and play it though. If it can be found, is there a way of trigging it from MC it self?
I'm currently using DVD Profiler from AVS to handle my DVD library, but would like to integrate it all in MC if it's possible.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Osho

• MC Beta Team
Re: DVD images and fast mounting possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:57:37 pm »

Yes it is possible - look at the how to I wrote in

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DVD_Library_in_Media_Center

Osho

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 01:57:54 pm »

Super sweet! This made my day. Thanks Osho!
Nice application. Maby the same thing is possible with Daemon Tools? But I sure as hell haven't figured it out.

A shame with the lack of cover art for iso files. Now, J River only needs to implement the same functionality as DVD Profiler holds :D
Is that to much to ask for? Yes, I think so! A dream it is
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 10:54:14 pm »

Super sweet! This made my day. Thanks Osho!
Nice application. Maby the same thing is possible with Daemon Tools? But I sure as hell haven't figured it out.

About using daemon tools - as long as double clicking the .iso file in explorer window mounts the .iso file on the virtual drive - it should work just fine.

A shame with the lack of cover art for iso files. Now, J River only needs to implement the same functionality as DVD Profiler holds :D
Is that to much to ask for? Yes, I think so! A dream it is

Let's hope MC12 supports cover art for .iso files in near future. I have requested it many times before and one more won't hurt I guess :).

Osho

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:59:21 am »

I'm about to investigate http://www.winmount.com/ (not free) as an alternative to daemon tools etc.

The advantage of winmount is the ability to mount .zip, .rar and a few others (including .iso) files as virtual drives. Finally I'll be able to store albums etc in a single, (reasonably) easily editable file... I hope.

C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up