INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with 44.1/16 wav ASIO playback  (Read 1432 times)

bobp

• Recent member
Problem with 44.1/16 wav ASIO playback
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:51:50 am »

I have a weird problem, tried to solve by myself and now begging for help.

I run JRiver 12 with ASIO output. When I play Apple Lossless everything works as it  should.

However, when I try to play 44.1/16 wav files (ripped from CD), playback starts and lasts for approx. 3 seconds,
and then stops abruptly. During that time, spectrum analysis is displayed in the playback window and the time lapse
bar is working.

I've tried to have ASIO notification switched on prior to playback and it does not show anything abnormal.

Is there any hidden seting that I have to use? I did not have this problem with MC11.  Wav files are not corrupted in any way, they play well with Itunes.

Any ideas what I have to do  ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Problem with 44.1/16 wav ASIO playback
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:25:28 am »

Apple Lossless doesn't go through MC's internal playback engine (it uses QuickTime and Directshow). You should try some other format instead. Also iTunes does not use ASIO. For testing your ASIO driver you should try some other ASIO aware player program.

Personally, I have no problems with ASIO playback. I have a Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 soundcard and I can use the Terratec or the ASIO4ALL driver (though I have not recently updated the ASIO4ALL driver). It doesn't matter what audio file format I play as long as it is one of the internally decoded formats. Wave, MP3, APE, FLAC, Ogg, etc work.

Several months ago an early beta build of MC had some wav related problems, but I assume your are using the latest MC12 build.

Have you checked that the ASIO settings are similar with your old MC11 ASIO settings? Have you installed anything else besides MC12 since ASIO playback worked the last time? Do the Direct Sound and Wave output modes work normally?

Please post additional info. Your soundcard model and driver version, your system info (from MC's Help menu), etc.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:38:39 am »

I just noticed that you never got answers to this post:

Please advise what I am doing wrong. I have replaced old ASIO playback device with new device and installed new ASIO driver. It is recognised by MC 11.201 and music plays wonderfully.

BUT, the odd thing happens. In order to play audio files  I have to click on the task bar and open any menu and keep it in focus on the screen if I want to hear music.  The moment I close Menu, music stops.

If I do not click on random menu item, music plays for 3-4 seconds only. Display shows that playback has not stopped, only the sound output.

This is  very annoying. I have looked into help file but could not find the solution.

TIA

Are you experiencing the same problem now?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bobp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:16:20 pm »

Alex B, I completely forgot about this.  MC11 cured itself without my input shortly after I posted this question (perhaps I applied an update, can't remember) . I completely forgot that keeping dialog box opened allowed music to play. I'll try this tonight and will report back.

Thanks !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up