INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I have original output to receiver with FFdshow?  (Read 1219 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
How can I have original output to receiver with FFdshow?
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:30:25 pm »

Hello,

I use MC12 with music and extracted DVD files. I have everything setup great in my bedroom/working room were I have 2.0 output to my TV and amplifier.

In my livingroom I use a different setup with a Yamaha AV amplifier. When I play a DTS music file I get digital sound through all my speakers (5.1)
But when playing movies (extracted DVD) I get no Dolby Digital only stereo sound. I connected my computer with coaxial digital out to my amplifier. I guess I don't need any decoder, since the amplifier knows how to deal with different signals. If this is correct I should have a setting that sends the signal as it is to my amplifier. But I cannot seem to get it right!

I downloaded the CCCP pack and uninstalled other packs first. I checked before I installed CCCP and indeed I could not play DVD's because it had no codec. After CCCP I could play them.

Does somebody know the right settings for me?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Theo

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can I have original output to receiver with FFdshow?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:42:07 pm »

You'll want to go to:

Start --> All Programs --> CCCP --> Filters --> FFDSHOW Audio Decoder Configuration

In the dialog, switch to the Codec "section" and configure it using the image below:

Then, switch to the output section and configure it as follows:

I should mention that I'm only going by what I've read on the CCCP forums.  I don't own an external decoder myself, and have never used one.  Also, keep in mind that this will change the output for ALL stuff decoded by FFDSHOW to be routed to the external decoder.  If that's not what you want, you'll probably have to make some profiles for FFDSHOW and choose them on the fly.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How can I have original output to receiver with FFdshow?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 04:10:25 am »

Hello,

YES, that did it for me...
Thanks very much, I wouldn't have found this myself. I was looking in a complete different area.

Best regards,

Theo
Pages: [1]   Go Up