INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stopping a movie automatically bookmark the position - can it be switched off?  (Read 1484 times)

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe

whenever I play a movie in MC it starts from the last position I stopped it.
can this be switched off so that stopping a movie reset the position to the start?

glynor

• MC Beta Team

No.  It only takes one click to go back to the beginning of the file (prev track) when it starts playing from a bookmarked location.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

robydago

never mind...
it's not a feature I need, it's only that when MC hangs while playing a movie (and because of it) it would be easier if it also reset the position

gappie

when you are talking about dvd files (ifo/vob) you can delete the bookmark file in C:\Documents and Settings\???\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Settings\

i made a bat file to do that for me. does not work for for mkv files.  :-\

leezer3

• MC Beta Team

never mind...
it's not a feature I need, it's only that when MC hangs while playing a movie (and because of it) it would be easier if it also reset the position

Do I take it that it hangs at the position where it attempts to resume playback?
I reported this as a bug a while back; I'm not sure whats causing it, but changing the rendering engine to Windows Media player will fix the hangs (It does disable the auto-resume, but I haven't found any other issues with doing this)
Deleting the DVD bookmarks file (Which should contain the video resume positions IIRC) doesn't do anything in this case either.

-Leezer-

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Why isn't there an option to restart from the beginning when you start playback of a DVD?  It doesn't make much sense to have to hit previous several times in a DVD just to get back to the beginning?  This will make Theater View unusable for my family if I'm not missing something...
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

gappie

i agree that it should be an option. and maybe when enough people ask for it. i made a small plugin before i switched to an other player for video, to remove bookmarks.
what also is an option is besides deleting the dvd bookmark file for ifo is deleting the 'field (bookmark).jmd', a file that is in your library folder, for mkv,avi and the rest. make a back up and try first. mc will make a new 'empty one. its a bit rough, but works. can be 'automated' in a bat file ofcourse.

Osho

• MC Beta Team

Yes I would like this option as well. The problem that I have is that sometimes I start the video and am never sure if it strated from the beginning or not. And, sometimes it will take me a while before figuring that out. You would think that it would be obvious but not if you have as many videos as I do.

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up