INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED - Audio Analysis Question - where are the missing tracks gone???  (Read 738 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi folks,

Is someone of you able to give some background information on the Audio Analysis software part?

I have 32'000 tracks now in the database. When I try to start Audio Analysis to get a constant music sound level the program tells me that 60 tracks cannot be analyzed, which seems correct to me. There are some tracks I have to clean out still. So far, so good. Then it tells me that it will analyze 21'000 tracks... where the heck are the rest of it gone?

I divided the whole track bunch into smaller packages, something like 3'200 per run, which makes more sense to me as it runs for a long time. The analyze process reports 2'400 something tracks to analyze...

Can you tell me where the rest of the tracks is gone?

Don't ask me for corrupt track files, there aren't any! :)

Or does it just analyze the first 8 tracks of an album and leaves the rest?

Would be cool to get an answer on this. Couldn't find it in any post or in the Wiki. Thanks

Martin

dcwebman

Re: Audio Analysis Question - where are the missing tracks gone???
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:58:10 am »

I found this in the wiki:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Audio_Settings_and_Analysis

I could be wrong but the fields modified when you analyze are: BPM, Intensity, and Replay Gain. If any of these fields have a value, I think MC considers those songs analyzed and will not include them in the analysis. You might want to check those fields in your songs to see if that's the case.
Jeff

globetrotters1

Re: Audio Analysis Question - where are the missing tracks gone???
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:15:01 am »

Thanks for this hint, sure, I activated these fields in a view... and found values in them

thanks again,
Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up