INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to detect the distinction between Audio, Video, Image etc.  (Read 1715 times)

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
  • You don't know what you're missing until its gone

Hi,

Am I guessing right that MC uses the "File Type" Field to distinguish between Audio, Video, Image etc... Are the types mapped somewhere. I found out that in my AutoEQ grid all the files are selected, also Video, Images, ... for which the Equalizer has no meaning. I think I need to add a "[File Type]= xxx,xxx,xxx" like search pattern to the typed in one before getting the files.

I Already found the XML Parameter (programming for MC means you have to know many disciplines) in the Registry at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Import Default Folder" which contains all the File Type one can import into MC. But that doesn't tell my program which type does what.

In an earlier topic I already asked if it is possible to programatically add a menuitem to the MC popup that comes when you rightclick on the MC File grid and have that item call a routine in my program. I would also need to be able to get the current selection in the grid of course. Haven't seen this kind of functionality in the Wiki so far, so I guess the answer to that one will be 'No'. Would be a nice extension though.

Paul.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to detect the distinction between Audio, Video, Image etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:03:04 pm »

no, paul, i think [media type] is used for thst. changing the media typ to dat lets files open outside mc . other things i did not try.

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 05:31:49 pm »

Thanx Gappie,

I'll try that out tomorrow. Got to go to work at 6:45 so I'm already late (again, it's 0:30 here).

Goodnight, Paul.

PaulSinnema

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:46:42 pm »

no, paul, i think [media type] is used for thst. changing the media typ to dat lets files open outside mc . other things i did not try.

Gappie,

You're the best. That's exactly what I was looking for. And it's quite simple too. Just add a " [Media Type]=Audio" to the searchstring and voila, ready.

Paul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up