INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Media Library Organization  (Read 677 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Custom Media Library Organization
« on: August 25, 2002, 08:18:27 am »

Hi All,

Considering a large number of CDs that I have ripped using MJ, I find it very useful to browser through media library with Genre\Artist\Album hierarchy.

I find that for CDs with various artists on them (Film Soundtrack, Compilations etc.), this does not work too well. As the songs of the same albums are scatterred over various Artist subdierectory. I can probably edit them to Various artists, but then I will loose the information about artist for each individual track.

What I would really like is for each Genre, select what the hierarchy structure should be inside. So, for Film Sountrack etc., the hierarchy below this genre should be Album/Artist

Is there a way to do this? (Or maybe another solution to this problem?)

thanks,
Osho

phelt

RE:Custom Media Library Organization
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 10:13:13 am »

If you right-click on a file in MJ and select Properties, you will see a field named Album Artist. I fill in this field to keep soundtracks, mix albums, etc. organized. You need to make sure that your view scheme is sorting with Album Artist and not just Artist.

Using this style, if there is no Album Artist information it will sort by Artist - so you do not have to enter Album Artist for all your other albums, just the soundtracks, compilations, etc.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Custom Media Library Organization
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 10:34:19 am »

Thanks, this worked !!!

I know that I did pay money for a good reason when I bought MJ :).

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up