INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SONY reader  (Read 1443 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
SONY reader
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:13:24 am »

Any experiences with it?  I am 99% at buying one.  I realized we just read a book for class, that I bought, that was available for the Sony reader for half the price!  lol.  Not like this method would save me money, but I would have loved to use this for that.  I wish Staples carried it because I have a $100 gift card!  The sync software is reasonable and I don't think horrible.  I think they charge so much because they put some serious programming work into the product--adding lots of support for various file types (even music) and a nice store for buying.

They are including $50 in any type of book now and $100 for classics.  That's pretty neat.  I'm surprised they only included 64 Mb but then I read you can add SD or MS cards!  I have 128-1 GB cards laying around I could use.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: SONY reader
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 11:57:22 pm »

Like usual...I'm too impatient.  I ordered one.  I hope it ships Thursday but they are estimating Friday.  Then, if it's close, I might get it reasonably quickly.  I'm looking forward to it but am hoping they keep expanding the Sony CONNECT book store because even with 13,000 books, I rarely find a book I search for (lol!)

I will read the stuff I know I like and then start trying new material.  They also should have customer reviews for books!  By the way, the software is free and actually a decent photo viewer, music player.  The funny thing is that it shows your hard drive letters and if you open one, select a folder, etc., it loads the directory structure (just one folder level) and you can search it instantly.  Simple but it is pretty nifty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up