INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT Just another usual Sunday morning here...  (Read 1105 times)

sekim

OT Just another usual Sunday morning here...
« on: August 25, 2002, 04:58:47 am »

Just moments ago went and refilled the coffee mug. Happened to look out the window and was surprised to see a Whitetail doe standing in the backyard munching on grass. Even more of a surprise was the fawn that was even closer to the house, 25' or so away. Spunky little bugger. Like most youngsters he was jumping, running, and pestering Ma. Went up and tried to paw her while she eating.

I get a kick out of all the animals we see around this place. We have also had a young Great Horned Owl hanging out. One morning my daughter said to Mom, 'there's the owl'. T went and had a look, sure enough, right beside the grill, swallowing a leopard frog! She was quick enough to get the camera and take a few quick shots.

Even funnier, last Thursday I left for work, get around the curve in the driveway, and standing right in the middle is owl. Hmmm, honk. Just stares back. ??? Well move bird, I have to go. Nope. Get out and ask if he would be so kind as to step off to the side for a few seconds. That does the trick. Hey, with a mug like this I'd scare anything at that time of the morning. Flys a short distance down the driveway, and stays put as I drive up and tell him that it's not a good idea to play in the road.

So how's your morning?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:OT Just another usual Sunday morning here...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 05:50:36 am »

Nice description, MH.

Woke up this morning to the sound of loons calling back and forth.  We haven't had loons on Lake Minnetonka until the last 3 or 4 years and now they're here a lot.

When I sat down in my old chair for my old cup of coffee, I looked out and saw a great blue heron standing on the end of the dock.

This picture is old, but this is what it looks like this morning:

Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 06:35:56 am »

The time on your posts his "your time" if i'am right.
Look like you wake up early on sunday......................

Here it is sunday afternon 5:34 PM.You start your day when i finish mine.....The greatness of internet.

Nothing nice when i look at the window at any time:the building next to me is my 'slide show' when at my computer.

konicky

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 06:38:48 am »

"And you'll feel good about yourself, knowing that you're supporting a team of ten hungry programmers and their families."

and their yachts !!

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 07:15:07 am »

Relax.  It's a 15 year-old 22 foot yacht.  It cost about 1/4 of most SUV's.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Easyrider

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 08:05:39 am »

Jim

I wish my backyard looked like that!

Could you recommend the landscaping company!

MachineHead

I leave in a housetrack home, occassionly we will get some ducks in our swimming pool.  Whoopee!
You are a lucky guy!

sekim

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 08:08:00 am »

zevele,

Yes, always early. Internal clock refuses to let me get more then 5-6 hours at a time. If that.

Wish you had a better view....

konicky,

In the land of 10,000 lakes boats are relativly cheap. Some dump them every other year for a new one. There is an electrician at work that has a 38 foot somethingoranother. He just spent close to 5000.00 to get one of its engines rebuilt. Finally got enough time on it for a real blast he said. 'Only had it up to 70 mph so far'. Only???

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2002, 08:21:22 am »

>> I wish my backyard looked like that!
Mine did the last big rain storm we had
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up