INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RhinoBanga's Audioscrobbler Plugin - Config Q on how to Exclude a Genre  (Read 2372 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

I've got MC and RhinoBanga's Audioscrobbler Plugin working where it will submit the details of Video files as well - I've got my Music Videos ripped by track with Atist/Album info stored for each & changed the Plugin to accept *.mpg, and *.avi.   HOWEVER, I'd like to exclude certain Genres such as "Home Videos, TV Series, etc" as at the moment the plug in is submitting the details of all files I play not just the music ones.  I see there is a search exclusion/inclusion system but I am not sure exacly how I would build the string to exlcude a track from submision where GENRE="Home Videos"
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

marko

• MC Beta Team

try:
-g=[Home Videos],[TV Series]

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

All I can say is  ;D - works perfectly!
JRiver CEO Elect

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team

Hello,
Used this plugin for almost a month. Tried to setup a filter and it didn't work - went to that old thread in MC 11 forum to read on how it works and got an updated dll with a better filter support - after this the plugin started to bomb MC - once a title ends (gets submited to last.fm), MC crashes.. Reverted back to the old version - same story! What is even strangier - I did this for 2 PC's - it OK on one of them and crashes on the other.. Go figure..
Going to restore 2 weeks old backup.. :(

BTW, is this plugin going to be officially released for MC12 some day?

Thanks!
--max

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Nasty....Mine is working perfectly, no crashed and since Marco's suggestion even playing Music Videos now updates LastFM correctly...
JRiver CEO Elect

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team

:( the backup is being restored..
BTW, how do you setup the filter? Do you put filename=[Filename] before -g=[whatever]?

TIA!

Nasty....Mine is working perfectly, no crashed and since Marco's suggestion even playing Music Videos now updates LastFM correctly...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

The exact string I am using under the advanced filter tab is "-g=[Home Videos],[TV Series],[Movies]" so it does EXCLUDES sending any info to LastFM where the Genre is Home Video, TV Series, or Movies.  I will also have to now add "TV Recordings"!  Why don't you post what you are trying to filter and Marco may have ideas (he was spot on for me!)
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

marko

• MC Beta Team

Nathan, glad you're good. happy to help.

max-
if you're crashing at the end of each track then you may have something else going on over there. The plugin submits tracks to last.fm when 50% played, not 100%, you see.
Are you using any other plugins?
Are your files local or networked?
Is the crash dependant upon file format pehaps? (pay attention to both current and next tracks)
have you changed the default x-fade settings at all?

-marko.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team

thanks marko!
It's hard to tell what went wrong - I gave up and restored a hard drive backup which, of course, helped.
Before it started to happen, I didn't change anything except for that dll and filter settings. When it started to bomb, I reverted back to the older version and removed the filter - surprizingly, it didn't fix the problem.
My files are networked.
Did not depend on the format.
That's the only custom plugin I am using.
It would crash when a song would be at 100%. actually, Windows would give me an error message but MC would continue to function until I would close the error message dialog. I had similar crash pattern about 50 builds ago on thumbnail rebuild.
thanks!

max-
if you're crashing at the end of each track then you may have something else going on over there. The plugin submits tracks to last.fm when 50% played, not 100%, you see.
Are you using any other plugins?
Are your files local or networked?
Is the crash dependant upon file format pehaps? (pay attention to both current and next tracks)
have you changed the default x-fade settings at all?

-marko.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team

I red the original thread on this and the instructions/suggestions were not very clear.
For example - it is stated there that any filter has to be preceeded with filename=[Filename], but in your case it works without it.
I am using: filename=[Filename] -keywords=[Christmas],[Dance],[NoPlayListing]
This filter seems to work. If I change "keywords" to "Keywords" or "[Keywords]" it stops working (at least I _think_ so :)

The exact string I am using under the advanced filter tab is "-g=[Home Videos],[TV Series],[Movies]" so it does EXCLUDES sending any info to LastFM where the Genre is Home Video, TV Series, or Movies.  I will also have to now add "TV Recordings"!  Why don't you post what you are trying to filter and Marco may have ideas (he was spot on for me!)
Thanks
Nathan
Pages: [1]   Go Up