INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappearing program  (Read 1324 times)

shullinger

Disappearing program
« on: May 10, 2007, 01:54:31 am »

I have version 11, was about to upgrade via the upgrade inside the program, I went to open the program, and I couldn't find it on my computer! I DID NOT uninstall this program, yet, it has simply disappeared!  Has anyone heard of this every happening? I have Windows XP, on a new computer. I hate the thought of reinstalling every time there is an issue. How can a program simply disappear?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Disappearing program
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 03:07:49 am »

spooky!

has it really gone? have the entries in your 'start > all programs' gone?

If you open 'My Computer', double click on your C: drive, "show files and folders" if you can't see them, then double click on the folder called "Program Files"
Do you see a folder called "JRiver"? If yes, double click on it. Then double click on the "media center" folder you should see there, and inside that you should find a file called "Media Center.exe". Right click on that file, hover over "Send to.." then click on "Destop (create shortcut)" and close that window.

Go to your desktop and you should see a new MC icon. Double click on it to launch the program.

If you can't find the folders I mention above, then either someone has uninstalled the program without your knowledge or you installed it to a non-default location.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up