INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do i view ALL the files in mj at one time on one page?  (Read 1032 times)

kandarohidharmapala

how do i view ALL the files in mj at one time on one page?
« on: August 24, 2002, 11:18:32 pm »

i dont like my current playlists, and want to redo them, making ythem ready to burn one by one onto cd when i get e new computer with cdrw. how do i view all the files in mj at once to do this, how do i delete the playlists i dont like yet keep the ones i do, how do i easily avoid duplicates in two or more playlists, and is it possible to burn your playlists/mixes one by one onto cd, and if so, how? and if not, but people like the idea, as i think if you could burn playlists/mixes as is onto cd, if you love the playlist, you'll love the cd, right?, so maybe people should get together if you cant do this with the current version, and vote for it as a feature for mj9 in the repies connected with this subject in the messages posted here. i personally hope j river takes note of the things people say in these forums, to help them improve this software that we love so much

sekim

RE:how do i view ALL the files in mj at one time on one page?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 01:55:07 am »

kandaro-

Have you read the help file? Very detailed as to what MJ can do.

Sending a playlist to the burner is a matter of right-clicking it and sending to device (Burner). However, if you don't have a burner it's kind of moot isn't it?

kandarohidharmapala

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 12:16:55 pm »

thamks for that machinehead, when i get cdrw, i will try it. and yes, i have read the help file, but could not recognize a way to view all the files in mj on one page so i9 could redo my playlists, and this time get all of them a nice length ready for burning, and this time avoid duplicates. i have around 140 tracks by the same artist, and have entitled the playlists "allan holdsworth 1-10, allan holdsworth 11-20" etc., and have quite a few duplicates from list to list, and want to avoid that when i redo them. any ideas on how to achieve this, anyone, or is a good memory for what you put where a requirement for using mj the way i want to?

JimHus

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 12:20:35 pm »

To see all the files in MJ you can just click on Media Library on the left. You can sort/etc as needed.

Or maybe I am missing your question?

sekim

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 12:23:25 pm »

You should be able to see everything MJ has by simply clicking on Media Library. It will show every type of this way. You should check out search modifiers to see if that will limit hits for your artist problem.

Fastyves

• World Citizen
  • Let me think about it !
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 01:39:40 pm »

Yes, something like "Save Playlists on Exit" that you can check (or leave unchecked) if needed |PLS| the ability to choose the target folder.

Would be really cool !
Pages: [1]   Go Up