INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normalizing songs that get transferred to the iPod?  (Read 1245 times)

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Normalizing songs that get transferred to the iPod?
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:56:29 am »

I got tired of always changing the volume for every track that plays on my iPod, so I decided to check out normalizing the songs that get uploaded to it.

I could swear on a pile of holy books that there used to be an option to Normalize songs before transfering them to the iPod. Is it me, or is the feature gone or hidden? I just can't find it anymore. The Wiki seems to indicate that this can be done...

Thanks.

Michel.

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
Re: Normalizing songs that get transferred to the iPod?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 06:18:28 am »

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:21:33 am »

Thanks,

I guess I was wrong... But I sure wish it was there.

Michel.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:16:37 am »

We send replay gain (volume normalizing) information to the iPod database. Make sure all your audio files have been analyzed and that Sound Check is turned on on your iPod and the volume should be normalized.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:47:22 am »

We send replay gain (volume normalizing) information to the iPod database. Make sure all your audio files have been analyzed and that Sound Check is turned on on your iPod and the volume should be normalized.

That's where I had seen it before! (Another duh! moment... :-)).

I'm so used to having MC do things so much better than Apple, I never thought of looking on the iPod again...

Thanks SwellGuy!

Michel.

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 01:52:11 am »

Hey Swell Guy, can you clarify something?  Does MC write the track replay gain values or the album gain values to the Soundcheck field on the ipod db?  This is confusing since I've read elsewhere that MC calculates the replay gain values for each track, then does the album gain values on the fly based on the replay gain values.  I'm wanting to figure out how I can get album gain settings onto my ipod, enable Soundcheck, and have it read the album gain values.  thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up