INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User defined "Number of plays" field  (Read 1196 times)

pjdevries

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
User defined "Number of plays" field
« on: May 11, 2007, 06:20:05 am »

Is it possible to create a User Library Field that behaves the same as the Standard [Number Plays] Library Field but can be reset independently? If so, how do I do that?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: User defined "Number of plays" field
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:06:51 am »

i dont think so. but what you mean with 'reset independently'? set to zero? that is already possible with the standard number plays. or do you mean to an other number. if so, i posted this in the wiki a few days back. http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Changing_the_number_of_plays

pjdevries

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 07:19:30 am »

Thanx for the swift response. By 'reset independently' I mean that I want to be able to reset my user defined number of plays independent of the standard number of plays.

The thing is that the Media Center Help indicates that it should be possible. When jou look at chapter "View Files and Libraries/Library Settings" under "User Data - Edit Type" it says the following:

User Data - Edit Type.

·      Standard.  A basic string (like artist, genre, etc).

·      Clear Only.  Select this to clear information that Media Center fills in for you.  For example, if your field tracks the number of times something happens (a file is played, etc), you may want the option to clear the information and start over.

·      Large Value.  Long strings, like "Lyrics".  This field uses a popup window for editing.

·      Cannot be edited.  Your field cannot be edited.

The "Clear Only" type suggests you can define a field which can track the number of plays and can be cleared. That's exactly what I want but I don't know how to do it.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 07:40:24 am »

The "Clear Only" type suggests you can define a field which can track the number of plays and can be cleared. That's exactly what I want but I don't know how to do it.

that is how number plays works. but it would be interesting to know if there would be an easy way to make a user defined field that tracks number plays. i made a user defined number plays (one for albums and one for videos) but i had to do some visual basic programming and a lot of reading on plug in forum, to get that to do what i wanted.

maybe someone else knows.

btw. welcome on the forum.  :)

pjdevries

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 07:56:34 am »

I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone comes up with an easy solution. My VB skills are not that great :) If there is noo easy solution I'm rather curious how that Help text should be interpreted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up