INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't transfer audible files  (Read 2395 times)

tessa

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Can't transfer audible files
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:16:01 pm »

When I try to transfer audible files to my ipod nano, I am now getting an error that:

The following 1 file cannot be transferred.  Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types.

Errors
File: Wintersmith - File not supported

The audible file plays fine in MC.  I'm currently using 12.0.219.  During previous versions of MC 12, this was not a problem but I'm not sure what version it was.  I also tried a few other audible files, same result.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't transfer audible files
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:27:04 pm »

Try transferring one with the Audible Manager.  This should authorize the device.

tessa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 09:59:57 pm »

Try transferring one with the Audible Manager.  This should authorize the device.

I should have thought of that!  But since I didn't, I went ahead and uninstalled 12.0.219 and reinstalled 185.  I had no problems transferring and listening to an audible file on my nano.  Didn't have to much with any authorization either.

I may upgrade to the latest (222) and see how well that one works. 

Thanks,
Tessa

tessa

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:28:54 am »

I installed MC 12.0.222 and see the same problem.  AudibleManager doesn't directly support ipods, you're supposed to use itunes according to them.  And I was able to transfer the file over (via itunes) and play it ok but, I don't believe that using itunes is helpful because, for the sake of stability, the ipod needs to only have an MC database.

I'll probably go back to 185.  But, it has a tendency to crash fairly often on me.  Annoying but I want to be able to transfer my files from MC because I really like the smartlist feature for transferring files.

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 11:59:18 am »

tessa,

That's our bug. We'll get it fixed in the next build.

Thanks,
Rick

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 03:26:52 am »

So if I'm reading the post dates correctly, the bug still exists in .226? I saw no reference to a fix in the postings for .226. I can be patient, just wondering when I'll be able to use audible files on my ipod again. I refuse to use itunes software...last time I tried it made a complete mess of my system.
Thanks

SwellGuy

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:11:58 am »

That's correct. The fix will be in post 12.0.226 builds.

tessa

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 06:40:31 am »

I found that I had 12.0.207 installed on my laptop and that one transfers audible files ok.  I just don't have the installer so can't put that on the media PC. 

So I have a working version for now but I eagerly look forward to it being fixed because I want to take advantage of the newer features.  (and be able to transfer from the "real" pc).

Thanks for response!

PS.  Is this in any way related to the fact that bookmarks embedded in an audible don't show up on an ipod? 

Pages: [1]   Go Up