INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View questions  (Read 823 times)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
Theater View questions
« on: May 17, 2007, 03:49:34 pm »

i have a few questions and ideas for theater view.

the first question is why are my pictures sorted randomly in Theater View but not in regular view? how do i change that?
second, is there any way that i can change the names of the foldiers i have media in inside media center without having to actually change the real folder name?

and a few ideas that ive thought up.

when the back button is pressed, why does it take you through all the folders you went through, is there a 'up' button that will take you from say, 'cd view' to 'artist view', and all the way back to the main menues, or even a button that goes back to the main menus.

when playing  song in theater view, there is no way to ast forward or rewind, whats with that? or if there is i sure dont know how.

also, all the buttons on the left side are way too bulky. is there a skin or something that can make them open up on the bottom with a time bar like the actual player with the triangle play buttons and square stop buttons.  the theater view is just waaay too cluttered. 

also, in the regular view, how an i make the album art larger.  if my pic i downloaded for it is small, can i stretch it out to make it bigger. itunes has all the album art the same size.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Theater View questions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:12:20 pm »

is there any way that i can change the names of the foldiers i have media in inside media center without having to actually change the real folder name?
Media center uses tags to organize files. The name of the folder shouldn't matter if you tag all your files and then browse by tags rather than hard disk location.

when the back button is pressed, why does it take you through all the folders you went through, is there a 'up' button that will take you from say, 'cd view' to 'artist view', and all the way back to the main menues, or even a button that goes back to the main menus.

Yes, it's the "Home" button. You have to turn it on in "Options/Theater view". Personally I think it should be on by default. For clarity. Advanced users could turn it off.

when playing  song in theater view, there is no way to ast forward or rewind, whats with that? or if there is i sure dont know how.
If you use a mouse you can move the cursor when you are in big screen view and you'll see the progress bar. You could click to a later point in the song. I think that if you click and hold down on the fast forward button, it was do a regular scan fast forward, rather than jump to the next track too.

also, all the buttons on the left side are way too bulky. is there a skin or something that can make them open up on the bottom with a time bar like the actual player with the triangle play buttons and square stop buttons.  the theater view is just waaay too cluttered.
There was one build when they used icons for the home, back, and play controls, and grouped them all into a nice little box. I liked that and hope they bring it back. It was much clearer and felt uncluttered.

also, in the regular view, how an i make the album art larger.  if my pic i downloaded for it is small, can i stretch it out to make it bigger. itunes has all the album art the same size.
I guess you mean the sizxe of cover art when it is played in the display view? You should be able to mouse wheel over images in display view to zoom in/out of them. I think that the default behaviour is to show all pictures at the same size, unless a picture is smaller than the defualt size. In that case it just shows the picture at 100%, so that it doesn't pixelate. So make sure your cover art is all quite big and it will all look the same size.

Pages: [1]   Go Up