INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Gain with Ipod?  (Read 801 times)

nsteele

• Recent member
Album Gain with Ipod?
« on: May 25, 2007, 05:43:45 pm »

Anybody have any ideas how to get album gain values into the ipod's Soundcheck field? If I understand right, MC only writes the track replay gain values to the Soundcheck field on the ipod db (used if Soundcheck is enabled on the ipod) since MC calculates album gain values on the fly based on the analyzed replay gain values, and doesn't appear to store these album gain values anywhere in the track files that I can see.  thx,

Nick Steele :)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Album Gain with Ipod?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 06:26:05 am »

I don't think this would be too difficult for JRiver to add. They would only need to add an option to read the Album Gain library field instead of the Track Gain field. If some files do not have an Album Gain value MC should fall back to Track Gain when these files are transferred.

Also, I don't think the existence of physical file tags matters (or at least it should not matter). As far as I know, these are not used when the iPod database is created because it is quite possible that the source files do not contain all needed info in the file tags.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up