INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualization Studio: how to make image and text slightly transparent  (Read 2412 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi,

I am creating a new visualization using visualization studio and I was wondering how I can create a image and text that is slightly transparent. I was thinking about 20% transparency or so.

thakns,
Osho

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Visualization Studio: how to make image and text slightly transparent
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:39 am »

The simple answer is you cant. If you put an image up then transform it, the original image can be seen behind the new one, though its well below 20%.

If you tell us what youre trying to achieve, there might be another way. Might not be back here for a while though.

Tab

Tab

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 05:27:26 am »

PS max seethruness is obtained by using an image thats mostly white with the details in black.

Tab

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:45:24 am »

The simple answer is you cant. If you put an image up then transform it, the original image can be seen behind the new one, though its well below 20%.

If you tell us what youre trying to achieve, there might be another way. Might not be back here for a while though.

Tab

Thanks for replying. I am trying to make a visualization which gives track/cover art info without posing a danger for a burn in. So, I want to have text ad image (cover art) which will always have something going behind it - so no possibility of burn out.

Is it possible to do?

thanks,
Osho

raym

• MC Beta Team

Thanks for replying. I am trying to make a visualization which gives track/cover art info without posing a danger for a burn in. So, I want to have text ad image (cover art) which will always have something going behind it - so no possibility of burn out.

I'd like this for preventing burn-in also. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Osho

• MC Beta Team

I also was wondering if it is possible to keep the text moving right to left .. coming back from the right most corner..

this would be another way to avoid burn-in.. I am trying to find a way to have track info without having any possibility of burn-in.. and so far I haven't found any..

Osho

Tab

• World Citizen

Since you cant do transparent, movement is another option. If you play with the location equation in the text module you can get the text to wander very slowly around the screen. Or have it jump place to place from time to time.

Another poss would be to sometimes invert everything on screen with a transform that comes on for a bit sometimes. By invert I mean white -> black & vice versa. Or putting text in white and setting colour eqn to r=1.1;g=1.1;b=1.1 would flip it over to black.

Another poss of course is to cycle through a folder of different visis.

Another may be to print the text in mid grey, which is roughly the average output of the background goings on.

Just one comment I can add: the location equation of the text module is not one of the easier ones to get right, I suggest just making slight changes to the values at a time.

Tab

raym

• MC Beta Team

Another poss would be to sometimes invert everything on screen with a transform that comes on for a bit sometimes. By invert I mean white -> black & vice versa. Or putting text in white and setting colour eqn to r=1.1;g=1.1;b=1.1 would flip it over to black.

Another poss of course is to cycle through a folder of different visis.

Thanks for this info Tab.

Cycling Vizualisations is a good idea in theory but I find there's a slight pause between each cycle (which is annoying).

I like the idea of the invert though. I don't suppose you've done this before and are able to provide an example please?

Thanks again.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Tab

• World Citizen

Thanks for this info Tab.

Cycling Vizualisations is a good idea in theory but I find there's a slight pause between each cycle (which is annoying).

I like the idea of the invert though. I don't suppose you've done this before and are able to provide an example please?

Thanks again.
[/quote]

Transform color eqn:
r=1,g=1,b=1
keeps all colours the same, just about. Try playing with the equation a bit, see what you get.

Tab
Pages: [1]   Go Up