INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not 5.1 Output  (Read 1041 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Not 5.1 Output
« on: November 17, 2007, 02:10:24 pm »

I'm having an issue...i'm getting wmp and nero player to output in 5.1 so I know it works but I can't seem to get mc to do it?  I've fiddles with all of the output options but to no avail...is there a 5.1 or spdif ouput checkbox that I am missing?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Not 5.1 Output
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 03:11:58 pm »

What are you playing?

If you're playing a DVD, make sure you're targetting the SPDIF line of your soundcard in Options > Playback > DVD playback settings... > Audio renderer
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 08:45:39 am »

It's not listed in dvd playback.  But i'm also having the problem playing video.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 08:52:03 am »

Okay, got the dvd to work.  Confusing because it doesn't look like you can select the filters being used to change options but you can.

However, video playback is still not working.  Using a h264 file.  I had dowloaded cccp but that gave me a host of audio problems with 5.1 output because ff was being used so I removed it.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 09:02:42 am »

You may want to try AC3filter for SPDIF audio pass-through together with CCCP/FFDShow's video decoding.

Disable DD and DTS audio decoding in FFDShow's audio configuration panel and adjust the AC3filter options so that SPDIF pass-through works.

http://ac3filter.net/
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up