INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Fire additional events  (Read 1545 times)

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature request: Fire additional events
« on: June 05, 2007, 05:13:15 am »

Hi Folks,

I would like to see an additional event that is fired through the COM-object for Dialogs. The problem is, that sometimes a warning or information pop-up is shown and needs to be handled, e.g. the summary of the import action or the library read-only warning. For most warnings the handling can be done automatically. Also sometimes I do not have my screen on (especially when listening to music) and this feature can be used to notify me on my remote.

So my proposal is that MC is firing an event with additional information about the warning, for example the message text.

I would really enjoy having this event and hope to see in one of the next releases *please*

BR/Marc

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature request: Fire additional events
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:59:09 pm »

We try to add a "don't show again" to dialogs like this.

Does that work, or do you need to find out in code that it happened for some reason?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature request: Fire additional events
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:15:58 am »

Matt,

I have seen this and I like it, because it's a good improvement. But I also have good reasons to find out in code that happened something, so that my program can react on it.

Also I don't want to use the "don't show again" feature for all dialogs, e.g. the "read only" warning for the library. But my program should notice this warning and react on it as well.

BR/Marc
Pages: [1]   Go Up