INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View: plugins & alarms  (Read 836 times)

mna

• Recent member
Theatre View: plugins & alarms
« on: June 06, 2007, 04:54:44 pm »

Hi,

I had a question regarding the theatre view:
Is it possible to develop plugins/scripts to add functionality to the theatre view?

For example, I have just set up a system next to my bed that works as a media player (it pulls the files off a MC server at another location). I would also like to use this system as an alarm clock for the mornings. It would be great if I could add 'Alarm Clock' or scheduler etc. to the theatre view menus.

Even if the functionality doesn't exist, I think it would be a great approach for the future as it would allow the theatre view to gain alot of functionality quickly and catch up to it's rivals.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theatre View: plugins & alarms
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:56:45 pm »

You can schedule things in Standard View using the integrated Scheduler. (Services & Plugins > Scheduler)

Then leave the player in Theater View and the tasks will run.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mna

• Recent member
Re: Theatre View: plugins & alarms
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 05:13:13 am »

You can schedule things in Standard View using the integrated Scheduler. (Services & Plugins > Scheduler)

Then leave the player in Theater View and the tasks will run.

Yes, but when working off a small screen the Standard View is hard to read.
Furthermore, if you're using it as a daily alarm clock it's frustrating to have to keep on switching back between Theatre and Standard view - why not just do everything from theatre using your remote?

I noticed that the News and Weather items in the theatre view are actually plugins. Based on that oberservation, would it be possible for a Alarm plugin to be developed? If so, where can I get more information on this... i.e. how to do it/code examples/etc. etc.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up