INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making Theaterview>file caption more flexibel  (Read 1100 times)

gappie

Making Theaterview>file caption more flexibel
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:22:25 am »

one of the things that i had a hard time with in theaterview is the information you get at the last step. the info is set by options>theaterview>advanced>filecaption.
the point is that i like to see different information for images or audio or video.

to accomplisch this i made 4 user library fields with Calculated Data. one for audio, one images, one for video and one to combine these three in on field. what comes in the three is depended on what and where people put there info in the library, and what they want to get out of it. as an example the way i setted it up.

TV Audio : [name] - [artist] ([album])
TV Image : [events] (FormatDate([Date,0],d-MMM-yyyy)) [People]
TV Video : if(isequal([name],[album],1),[name],[album] - [name]) ([Year]) NP: if(isempty([number plays]),0,[number plays]) LP: [Last Played]

and most important:
TV Name : if(IsEqual([Media type],Audio,1),[TV Audio],if(IsEqual([Media type],Video,1),[TV Video],[TV Image]))

in options>theaterview>advanced>filecaption i putted: [TV Name]

one point when working with calculated fields is that the space to type is very small, wich makes trouble shooting and editing difficult. it is  good idea to first make the expressions in for instance a view, panes, where there is a nice expression editor to use, and when it works, copy and paste it in the calculated field.

i hope somebody can use this, or maybe somebody thinks its stupid and can be accomplished much easier and wants to tell how and why.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Making Theaterview>file caption more flexibel
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 05:08:30 pm »

Great idea Gappie! I'd never thought of doing this.  :)
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Making Theaterview>file caption more flexibel
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:09:20 am »

You could save the steps of creating four individual custom fields by entering the following expression directly into the theatre view caption option:

Code: [Select]
if(isequal([media type],audio,1),[name] - [artist] /([album]/),if(isequal([media type],image,1),[events] /(formatdate([date,0],d-MMM-yyyy/))

[people],if(isequal([name],[album],1),[name] /([year]/) NP: if(isempty([number plays]),0,[number plays] LP: [last played]),

[album] - [name] /([year]/) NP: if(isempty([number plays]),0,[number plays] LP: [last played]))))

The end result is just the same, just a bit quicker to set up by entering the expression directly.

Also remember that it's quite acceptable to use expressions in the slideshow caption option too (see image playback settings). For example, mine goes like so:

if(isempty([caption]),if(isempty([events]),if(isempty([places]),[subject],[places]),[events]),[caption])

and ensures that if there's a caption, it's used,
if there's no caption, but there is an event, use event,
if there's no caption or event, but there is places, use places,
and if there's none of the previous, use subject.

All my images have at least a subject tag, so there'll always be something of some interest on show in the caption during playback.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up