INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorporate web media into library  (Read 1131 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Incorporate web media into library
« on: June 11, 2007, 03:27:04 am »

Hi,

First of all, hats off to all the new web media functionality. I'm finding myself using it more and more. I've added the online music stores that I buy from, the video rentals shop that I get movies delivered from, and a whole bunch of radio stations.

Only problem now is, I run MC on 2 machines, and though they use the same library, they don't share the same web media sites/favorites. It's a lot of work adding the same sites to each PC. Any chance of getting all this info saved into the library?

Same goes for podcasts, though the "default download directory" would also need to be saved into the library, for that to be integrated smoothly. Alternatively, a way to export the list of podcasts, and an import method where you could check the ones you want to import would be convenient. The same interface could be applied to smartlists too.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Incorporate web media into library
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:32:33 am »

I'd like to go one step futher with a simple Back Up / Restore function that copied all the settings and meta data.  It would be great for transfering stuff from one MC12 instance to another or just bringing your setup back after a rebuild etc.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:45:14 am »

I'd like to go one step futher with a simple Back Up / Restore function that copied all the settings and meta data.  It would be great for transfering stuff from one MC12 instance to another or just bringing your setup back after a rebuild etc.
Thanks
Nathan

I agree.  Setting up MC on a new system is always a pain due to all the settings that I've since forgotten about.  It's also not as simple as just going through the "options" -- there are settings that need to be adjusted via other areas of MC.

Larry

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 04:03:16 am »

I could not agree more, I'm still finding "bits" to config from my new Vista box  >:(
JRiver CEO Elect

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 07:26:38 pm »

which brings us once again to the issue of an external settings/config file rather than having them in the Reg file...

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 10:40:26 pm »

Well, while I agree with you all about being able to save/move all settings, what I really want right now, is simply for web media to be included in the library. I don't see why it shouldn't be included. Multiple computers accessing that same information wouldn't cause any problems or conflicts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up