INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is thier any way to add selection panes to a smartlist?  (Read 883 times)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
Is thier any way to add selection panes to a smartlist?
« on: July 29, 2007, 09:01:20 pm »

I use smartlists alot for workflow, and love to be able to say heres my smart list of all new fiels yet to be processed (for me thats a blank value in description tag) and then use the selection panes to select artists and or album subsets without having to change the actual smartlist. Or Is there a better way to do what im trying?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is thier any way to add selection panes to a smartlist?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:36:28 am »

It's a remarkably easy thing to do :)

What you are referring to is a viewscheme!
So, you right click on "Audio" at the top of your tree (on the left of the program window) and select "Add view scheme"
You will be presented with the following dialogue:

Now, the stuff you add in step 1 will be 'panes' once you click OK.
In step 4, you place your smartlist rule. Note that if you leave "honour parent searches" checked, [media type]=audio is not required. The bare minimum you need to place in step four is [description tag]=[]
This will ensure that the only files listed in this view scheme will be those with the empty descriptor tag. It would be a good idea to uncheck "autoname" and give the View scheme a descriptive name so that you know what it is when you see it in the tree.
Have fun playing around, and if you have any questions along the way, just ask, help is never far away.

-marko.

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 03:21:17 am »

You sir, are a true gentleman. Thank you very much

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 03:24:41 am »

As a matter of fact, if i add "description" as a sort pane, i can leave step 4 blank and this view scheme works perfectly for all my workflow steps. thank you again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up