INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enc_FLAC v2.2.2 Released  (Read 2579 times)

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
Enc_FLAC v2.2.2 Released
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:48:02 pm »

I posted version 2.2.2 of the flac encoder plugin on http://mcplugins.sourceforge.net.  There's a bug fix for 24-bit encoding (which no one seems to have caught) and an implementation of the ogg-flac transport layer (makes *.ogg files), but which is not compatible with the decoder.  All the other changes were internal stuff to make my life easier.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Enc_FLAC v2.2.2 Released
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:02:23 am »

Thanks Scot.  Again... Without you MC's prowess would be notably diminished.   ;)  ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:35:36 am »

Scott, without all your hard work I'd have to find a replacement for MC, and we all know how difficult that is.
Thank You!

one minor problem . . .
when I click on the link for MC12 flac encoder or decoder, I am taken to a page of XML code for the mjp file, rather than having the file download.
. . . the game is rigged

scthom

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 09:26:58 am »

one minor problem . . .
when I click on the link for MC12 flac encoder or decoder, I am taken to a page of XML code for the mjp file, rather than having the file download.

Yeah, me too.  I wasn't sure if it was just me.  I just save the XML to a file (*.mjp) on the desktop and then double-click it there.

I'm not sure if it's because it's XML (the old ones are just plain text) or because browsers are more capable, or maybe I have edited too many mjp files and now my computer thinks they're text.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 07:31:17 am »

Scott, sorry to bother you but I think I've discovered a problem

The new plugins save the cover art Inside the flac file now, rather than just pointing to the cover art folder location . . . .

However, whenever I attach cover art, I get an error message from MC stating that it was "MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that the files exist, are not Read-Only, and are not in use by other programs"

I do not see this with mp3 files, and have not seen this with flac until updating the plugins yesterday.

Could this be a plugin issue?
Or should I look elsewhere?

p.s. - I removed the cover art from the files and can now sucessfully complete MC's "Update tags from Library" function, but when I re-apply the covers, again cannot update the tags until I again remove covers 
. . . the game is rigged

scthom

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:31:32 am »

Most likely this is a plugin issue.  Give me a few days to check it out.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 01:48:22 pm »

Most likely this is a plugin issue.  Give me a few days to check it out.

No hurry, I stepped back to the previous release and it seems to be rectified by that.
. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 03:45:44 am »

However, whenever I attach cover art, I get an error message from MC stating that it was "MC encountered errors while tagging and moving files. Check that the files exist, are not Read-Only, and are not in use by other programs"...

... when I re-apply the covers, again cannot update the tags until I again remove covers

As Scot said, this seems to be a plug-in issue (an In_FLAC issue, not Enc_FLAC, by the way). However, the error message seems to be quite harmless. It looks like the cover art files are embedded despite the message.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

scthom

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 08:56:18 am »

Alex is right -- it's "harmless".  The bug is in the close()/destructor function, where I was trying to close a memory leak.  Everything up to that point works fine -- the tags get written -- but MC thinks there was a failure, so it gives you that message.  Unfortunately, it also results in bigger memory leaks :) but only occurs when you add the image.  Files with existing art did not exhibit that behavior.

Unfortunately, I'm still working on it.

MC is wierd about when it will write the cover art.  I had to remove the art first before it would write it again.  That's not me, it's MC.

scthom

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 09:16:47 am »

Status -- these memory leaks are really tricky.  I'm rewriting portions of the code to fix these, so it's taking longer than expected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up