INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPOD Nano - Slow sync and reset  (Read 2768 times)

RIMR

• I'm a llama!
iPOD Nano - Slow sync and reset
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:46:16 pm »

Hello, this is my first post here and I hope to find some help, i've searched trought the topics but haven't found my answer, i'm having a couple of problems with my ipod nano 2nd gen of 2GiB.
- Sometimes it resets itself after i eject it from MC12 (right now it happened to me like 5 times in a row), even if i change usb ports.
- And, the other one, it starts syncing at 3.0kb/sec and then it always drops to 1.7kb/sec even if I don't use any kind of file conversion.

I hope you could help me cos i'm starting to wonder if just gotta go to the store and try to change it for warranty.

By the way i use:

- HP Pavillion a1040n (PIV HT 3.0 GHZ, 1 GB RAM, 6 USB 2.0 ports, WinXP Home SP2)
- JR Media Center 12.0.203, i also have iTunes installed but never use it, only for ipod updates.

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Morales.

SwellGuy

Re: iPOD Nano - Slow sync and reset
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:54:26 am »

1) Make sure you are running the latest version of MC and have the latest firmware installed on the iPod.

2) Re-initialize the iPod.

3) Try another USB port. Your port may be functioning as USB 1.0.

4) If you are converting as you transfer, transfer speeds will be much slower. Try benchmarking the tranfer rate when there is no conversion taking place. If conversion is necessary, make sure the handheld cache is turned on so eventually transfer speeds can improve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up