INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay Gain won't let library update Date changes  (Read 894 times)

phokono

• Recent member
Replay Gain won't let library update Date changes
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:11:16 pm »

Some files (not all) that have been tagged with replay gain through JRiver's audio analysis will not show the correct Date, changes to the date on files that have been analyzed by JRiver get stuck, I'm thinking it is the Date (filename friendly) tag that the analysis makes that locks in the tags date, cause the filename changes update fine.

This is a nasty bug... I corrected several albums and forgot the ones I fixed and the dates are proper on the tags but JRiver won't read the date tag, it reads the Date (filename friendly) tag to determine the date and there is no way to delete the (filename friendly) tag inside JRiver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Replay Gain won't let library update Date changes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:19:48 am »

What type of files are you using? (mp3, ape, etc.)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phokono

• Recent member
Re: Replay Gain won't let library update Date changes
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 08:47:17 pm »

I use wma lossless

But the trick that worked for me on single album fixes (that I had already modified the dates to, and JRiver wasn't reading the correct date) was this:

1. (In Windows) remove "JR/" and "WM/" tags from the files with a tag editor that reads all the tags that exist on files (dbpoweramp)
2. (In Windows) delete the album from my hard drive
3. (In JRiver) 'Run Auto-Import' manually
4. (In Windows) add the album back to the hard drive
5. (In JRiver) 'Run Auto-Import' manually
6. (In JRiver) run the Analyze audio tool on the album

If its more than one album I just deleted my JRiver library after step #1 and made a new library, importing everything again and doing step #6
Pages: [1]   Go Up