INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist and a Media Center convert  (Read 937 times)

statious

• Recent member
Playlist and a Media Center convert
« on: May 31, 2007, 08:50:02 pm »

I recently converted from MCE and the IMON software to JMC. I spent about two hours creating play lists of my video files. I have about 614gigs of anime and Japanese/Chinese television shows with and without subtitles. I have all of the files separated into folders and because JMC is file based not folder based, I decided to create play lists for all of the folders (drag and dropped the folders into the play list- took me about twenty minutes to realize that you could do that in the program).

I actually have two questions, 1) was this unnecessary, and 2) is there an easier way to update the new files within the playlists without manually loading each folder?

Could I convert the playlists to a smartlist (easily) so that when I get a new episode it is automatically added?

statious

• Recent member
Re: Playlist and a Media Center convert
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 01:02:50 pm »

Well after spending sometime with MC and learning 20% of what it is capable of, I have been able to answer my own questions. I prefer to use the playlists to organize all of my video files and DVDs. With the smartlist for recently imported, all I need to do is move the files to each playlist and they are ready for browsing and playing.

My trial has about five days remaining and I am very close to purchasing the software. However, I still have a few issues that prevent me from using this as my primary front end solution for my media center.

1) I downloaded the necessary plugins for my IMON remote but it will not learn the commands and crashes if the plugin is active within theater view.
2) The interface within theater view is sluggish even with my AMD 64 X2 6000+, 2gigs of ram, and 7300GS. I have noticed that it gets much faster the longer it is active, although I might be simply accustomed to the slowness.
3) I use a Kworld ATSC 115 and have got it to work but the picture is really poor. I understand that it is not supported but might it be in the future?

These are all minor issues in my opinion as MC is able to play about everything but I have some reservations.

Also, might there be support for Joost in the feature or is it even a possibility.

Thanks

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Playlist and a Media Center convert
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:47:55 pm »

I use an iMon remote and have not had any problems. I didn't download any plugins, either. I just setup the iMon software for use with Media Center and mapped the key configurations to the buttons.

I have a Athlon 64 3000+ socket 754 processor, 1 Gb or RAM, and a 7800GS video card in one computer and 6600GT in another. Theater View works instantaneously and smooth in both computers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up