INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Problems with Mobile Phone micro SD card LG VX8300  (Read 1986 times)

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Sync Problems with Mobile Phone micro SD card LG VX8300
« on: June 17, 2007, 03:28:06 am »

On my mobile phone's micro SD card are 4 default directorys:  my_flix, my_music, my-pix, and my_sounds.  When I use Smartlist and start the sync after telling MC12 that my destination directory is:  j:\my_music\ I get the songs synch'd to a new subdirectory MC12 creates called j:\music\ .  Also, all the songs are grouped by Artist folders.  The phone's software wants the songs to NOT be in artist folders but simply be all listed individually inside the default J:\my_music\ .

What changes to the sync options must I make to make this occur?  Otherwise, I am copying all the songs out of j:\music\ and into j:\my_music\ and also removing the artists folders.

Thanks for any help!

sbpyper

SwellGuy

Re: Sync Problems with Mobile Phone micro SD card LG VX8300
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:39:53 am »

Un-tick 'Use WMDM...' in handheld settings for your phone and try again. This should transfer much quicker and give you more control of folders, naming, etc.

What version of MC are you running?

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 10:40:27 pm »

Thanks, but I already had that unchecked in mobile settings.  I should add there are MANY mobile settings.  Is there anywhere I can go to read a definition of each?

So, my original problems remains:  everytime I try to synch with the phone and MC and I've told MC to put the songs in the J:\my_music\ directory it simply ignores that request and creates it's own J:\music\ and saves the songs with artist subfolder in that directory.  My phone can't read the songs when they are buried in an artist subdirectory.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 10:42:02 pm »

I'm running MC version 12.0.251

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 10:53:57 pm »

Should I change the directory Rule from [artist]\[album] to [artist] to remove the syching to artist folders in the Cache section of Handheld Devices?

SwellGuy

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:06:49 am »

Please turn on logging and send me the log of a single song transfer to the phone.

To turn on logging, go to the Help menu and click Logging. Tick log to a file and tick only the 'Handheld' events. Click Ok to exit the logging dialog. Restart the plaayer and perform a single file transfer to the phone. Go back to the logging dialog and email me (rick at jriver dot com) the log file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up