INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Hauppauge WinPVR-500 (Dual WinPVR-150)  (Read 2623 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Problems with Hauppauge WinPVR-500 (Dual WinPVR-150)
« on: June 19, 2007, 01:36:43 pm »

Hi!

I have a Hauppauge WinPVR 500 tv tuner card. This is actually a dual 150 card, if anyone wonders...

When i try to use it, my machine hangs and i need to restart. I have tried diffrent TV software with no changes, and diffrent OS actually (XP and Vista), and changed PCI port. Still it hangs. Takes up to a minute before it happens.

Any suggestions for futher errortracking? I have tried all drivers avalible on hauppauge's site...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Problems with Hauppauge WinPVR-500 (Dual WinPVR-150)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 05:46:17 am »

Yesterday I got a BSOD on vista instead of freeze, actually...

This is really getting to anoy me. Any help at all would be very appretiated.

please...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 06:58:58 am »

Bad card?

You could try it on another PC or try another card.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:39:01 am »

Been so long since i've experienced a card becoming faulty, so i haven't really considered that actually...

But the problem is that i don't have any other similar cards availible. But i may try it on another computer of course. I'll do that in the weekend.

Thanks, Jim.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 09:46:33 am »

Tried the card in my other machine, and there it works flawless. I have also tried to make sure the video-card gets propely amount of air, and that made no changes (it was very hot when i removed it, so i thought this might be it...).

Reinstalled XP on the machine, and with fresh drivers, still the problem occurs. The only thing i can think of that has been changed since it failed, is that i now use a nvidia card. Previously i used a matrox, but this doesn't support theater view very well. I have an older ATI 7000 i may try, but this aint very good either...

I'll just have to try futher. Feel free to pop in suggestions if anyone has an idea:)

Mithrandir

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 08:30:13 am »

Hi,

I used one of the pvr500 cards in my sagetv server for quite a while.  I can tell you that it was a bit picky regarding drivers.  If you are not using the latest drivers then I would try that first.  Be sure to do a complete uninstall using the Hauppauge HCWCLEAR (I think that is the name...) app before reinstalling with the latest drivers.

For some detailed info on this look here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=43122#post43122

I have since switched to a pair of ATI Theater650Pro cards.  On my system the ATI provided pq that was lightyears better than the Hauppauge card.

Hope this is not all old news to you. :)

M
Pages: [1]   Go Up