INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Cover Art Thumb Nails by clicking Quick Find In File/ Cover Art Directory  (Read 1304 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen

Hi  :)
I was able to add the cover art to an album that had some cover art missing by clicking on Quick Find In File/ Cover Art Directory. I thought this was brilliant and a great time saver, and would love to able to have it in operation again.
Would be very grateful for any Interact assistance. on how to set this up. :)

Media Center Registered 12.0.240 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 981 MB, Free - 215 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H: ASUS    DRW-1608P3S       Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: ASUS     DRW-1608P3S        Addr: 4:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  Data Master
nlc

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

So what has changed? What did you try to do? "Quick Find..." works for me.

If you tried to update files that have broken cover art links you need to clear the old links first. (Right-click > Cover Art > Remove Cover Art)

You can add the "Image File" column to the main content pane for checking the current links (select the details view mode first).

(By the way, 12.0.240 is already an old version. 12.0.259 is available in the release thread. Though, I don't think the cover art options have changed.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

snapperocks

• World Citizen

Alex
I recall earlier builds of MC used to remove broken links when importing files . Why does it no longer do this? It would be good if I could right click and remove broken cover art links automatically. I have the Image File column showing in the content pane. My query is concerned with complete files which I can add cover art by clicking on 'Add Files' but hope I can use 'Quick Find' to do the job.
I'm downloading the latest build tonight 'Kiwi time'.
nlc

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

AFAIK, the "Quick Find..." tool has not changed since MC11. You must have done something differently.

It might help if you could explain exactly what you are trying to do, step by step,
and also what has changed, for example:

How did you lose the cover art links? Is it only a few links here and there or do you have a lot of cover art files missing? Did you manually move your audio files, cover art or both? What are your selected cover art location and name options and where do you keep the image files? Are you moving your data to a new PC? Etc, etc...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

craft

null
Pages: [1]   Go Up