INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for additional library functionality  (Read 735 times)

c00ld00d

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Request for additional library functionality
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:11:38 pm »

Hey all. I've been using MC for a long time, and one of the things I've been wanting here at home is a way to have the RIP file naming schemes save with the library. Why? Here's my scenario: currently I have 1 library with all 9000 of my tracks. Most are music for whatever, but some are 'project' audio files, kids music, etc. I'd love to be able to separate them into multiple libraries, and have each library remember where Ripped files should go for that library. I could use a custom field and have the tracks renamed using this field as a folder name, but that doesn't get them into a separate library.

It's real annoying to have a random playlist pull up Raffi's Greatest Hits!  ;D

Thanks,

CD

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Request for additional library functionality
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:03:18 am »

I had this same need when I was trying to sync to my smartphone. I had to reduce the size of the MP3 files since space was limited so I created another library with just the smaller sized files. I could easily change the library but would have to go manually change the Ripping folder location. It would have been nice if it was saved with the library. This of course holds true for all file locations.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up