INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC rip DVD audio?  (Read 994 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
Does MC rip DVD audio?
« on: June 22, 2007, 02:29:46 pm »

My subject is my question. I believe I have drivers to play dvd audio with my sound card but will MC enable me to rip a dvd audio to APe?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Does MC rip DVD audio?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:04:39 pm »

Media Center can rip unprotected DVDs.  This includes concert DVDs, etc.

The somewhat rare DVD-Audio and SACD formats were never designed to be computer friendly, and so are not rippable.  This is likely part of the reason the formats failed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 12:49:58 am »

Thanks for the reply. I was able to find a way to rip, convert and then import into MC.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 10:30:54 am »

I would really like to see more and a better ability to handle ripped DVD content.  I almost imagine a way to select a portion of a DVD--start and stop location--which would be stored in a .txt file inside the DVD folder.  This would then tell MC to import some of the audio separately or it could provide a link from inside the video database entry.

Then, users could easily sync their iPod with DVD Video audio without having to store duplicates and going through all the hassle...then extend this to video as well.  Users should be able to select a portion of DVD video to encode as a single file and sync.  Perfection!  Imagine taking a 4GB flash drive and syncing up some episodes of your favorite show (ripped from DVD) directly to your flash drive and then taking it on a trip?  I would like an option to simply repackage the existing video stream so the full quality could be sent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up