INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.259  (Read 5591 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.259
« on: June 15, 2007, 09:42:01 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120259.exe

12.0.259 (6/14/07)

1. Fixed: Obsidian wasn't showing pictures when selecting root items.
2. Fixed: Waitmessage dialog.  (If only 1 line of text and no cancel or progress the text is centered.)
3. Fixed: DCraw was bozo'd last build.  RAW thumbs should now rotate correctly.

12.0.258 (6/14/07)

1. NEW: OSD menu for video and DVD playback using arrow keys and MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_LEFT etc. (Up and down keys select an item; left and right keys change the value). Needs refinement. To be added to TV and Image playback.
2. NEW: Import dialog uses new media type divided tree for selecting what types to import.
3. Fixed: For DRM video playback, when the computer needed to be individualized, Media Center wouldn't behave nicely.
4. Fixed: When DRM license acquisition didn't work for video playback, the stop button didn't cancel as expected.t
5. Changed: Theater View skins extend the background images over the full window, instead of just inside the overscan corrected area.
6. Changed: Several tweaks to new Theater View skin "Obsidian."
7. NEW: Overscan is now managed by the skin in its layout XML so that skins can customize how they handle the overscan areas.
8. Changed: Theater View skins are now version 2.3.
9. Changed: Simplified Theater View list items so all list styles use the same background image. (makes plugins look nicer with some skins)
10. Changed: Theater View Weather can be configured from inside Theater View. (so a user doesn't have to find Options > Theater View > etc.)
11. Updated: DCRaw.exe.  (New cameras supported.)
12. NEW: RAW image support attempts to retrieve the smaller thumbnail image from the raw file for MC thumbs.  Experimental.  Tested on a small set of raw files.
13. Fixed: Burning a CD of Podcasts could cause the Podcast engine to redownload the burned files.
14. Fixed: If Media Center was maximized, then minimized, then closed, it wouldn't remember that it was maximized on restart.
15. Fixed: Media Center could "super-maximize" after a user switch so that it covered the Start menu.

12.0.257 (06/12/07)

1. NEW: New Theater View skin "Obsidian" included in build.
2. Fixed: Podcast times are now a little more forgiving of non-standard times: 24:00:00 now works.
3. Fixed: In multiple/tab views, switching between Web Media anchor pages of Audio, Images, or Video did not update tree.
4. Changed: Slideshow pix01 template tweaks.  (Still in progress.)
5. NEW: Updated help file.
6. NEW: File associations picker (in installer and options) uses a checkbox tree that's broken out by media type.
7. Optimized: Theater Lineup lists do less threaded texture reloading when switching selections.
9. Changed: Menus nicely support backgrounds that use alpha in them.
10. Fixed: In Playing Now, if the playing file was in the list multiple times, all copies would look like they were playing.
11. Changed: Import default changed to "'My Media' folders".

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 12.0.259
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:43:03 pm »

12.0.256 (06/11/07)

1. Changed: Theater View search and statusbar objects are positioned using the the skin's layout XML.
2. Changed: TV recordings are imported with "Station/Channel Name" in the Artist field instead of the Album field.
3. Changed: Theater View layout supports equations for making rectangle conditional based on other settings.
4. Fixed: Theater View News wouldn't work nicely when using large fonts on a low resolution.
5. Fixed: Scrolling in Theater View News while a story was expanded didn't work properly.
6. Optimized: Improved Theater View performance when dealing with large lists.
7. Changed: Media Center continues to disable the screen-saver in UAC Vista for one minute after a UI mode change. (so returning to Theater View won't let the screensaver kick in right away)
8. Changed: Web Media recording adds file to db at the beginning of the recording; allows playing while still recording.
9. Changed: Podcasts now have their own debug log type.
10. Changed: Theater View animations no longer overshoot a little when changing size or position.

12.0.255 (06/08/07)

1. NEW: "Close Display" and display double-click commands will return to Theater View if that's where you were last.
2. Changed: When playback jumps to Display View from Theater View, it will automatically maximize the display if it was in windowed mode last.
3. Fixed: When a Theater View skin derives from a base skin but defines its own layout, the new layout wouldn't be honored.
4. Fixed: If the last two Theater View play commands were "Play" and "Play All", it was possible to see "Play" in the menu twice at a view that didn't support "Play All".
5. Changed: In a Theater View thumbnail list, pressing "Left" on the left column will navigate back instead of loop to the last column.
6. Changed: When formatting an iPod or WMDM device, a more standard looking progress dialog is shown. (also runs a spin animation to show the player is working)
7. NEW: DX video player now supports video scrolling via keyboard (arrow keys) and MCCommands (MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_UP, etc.).
8. Changed: The UPnP Server now responds with UpdateIDs that mean something has changed instead of stayed the same.
9. Changed: Major internal revision of Podcast Download Settings (such as maximum number of retries).
10. NEW: Added support for MyTV,MyMusic,MyPictures,MyVideos,More,RecTV,LiveTV,Guide,DVDMenu buttons on Microsoft MCE remote.
11. NEW: A first stab at getting DVD cover art after ripping.
12. Changed: Revised how Theater View is initially loaded to (possibly) work around a Vista Aero issue where it wouldn't show Theater View until the mouse was moved.

12.0.254 (06/07/07)

1. NEW: Ctrl+E focuses the search control without switching views.
2. Changed: Revised how Theater View frame-rates are metered so that they remain closer to a user's setting.
3. Changed: Reworked how Theater View handles vertical syncs so that it always remains responsive to user input.
4. Changed: Major internal revision of Podcast Tags
5. Changed: Podcast Name tag now defaults to only the podcast name, not the date and name.
6. Changed: Column headings/order for podcast view.
7. NEW: TV now supports video scrolling via keyboard (arrow keys) and MCCommands (MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_UP, etc.).
8. Fixed: YouTube was not allowing downloads of videos.

12.0.253 (06/06/07)

1. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could leak when leaving Theater View. (introduced in 252)

12.0.252 (06/06/07)

1. Changed: MC adds Microsoft Mpeg-2 Video Stream Analyzer filter to recording graph, (in an effort to solve recording problem on Vista).
2. Fixed: Bursts of sound during thumbnailing of videos with multiple audio tracks.
3. NEW: When a handheld sync finishes, the transfer Action Window remains open, and shows an eject button for devices that support it.
4. Changed: A detached display is no longer automatically reattached when showing Display View or Theater View.
5. Changed: It now takes a double-click instead of a single click on the display to reattach a detached dispaly.
6. Changed: Thumbnails won't be drop shadowed when they're drawing as a small size (less than 32x32).
7. Fixed: TiVo Server would not respond to the Start Server/Stop Server button.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts that target the playing display wouldn't work when the display was detached.
9. Changed: Podcast episode names now don't include the date by default.
10. Fixed: A small leak when playing a video or DVD in Display View with the borders showing.
11. NEW: Theater View supports a rich XML and equation system for skins to specify a layout.
12. Changed: Theater View skin titlebars respond to Theater View's size setting.
13. Changed: Theater View skins now version 2.2. (will require update of third party skins)
14. Changed: Theater View "Background" merged with "Picture" items in the skin.

etfrommars

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 01:11:25 am »

Can I exit to windows directly from Theater view mode ?
I recommend ..option 1,returning to standard view 2.exitin to windows

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 04:31:59 am »

I cant figure out how to configure the News feeder. Or is this not possible yet? I'd like to change the standard feeds to a German language feed.

Thanks for any advise.

:D

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 01:21:03 pm »

I managed to crash MC by trying to configure the weather from Theater View.

I typed in my location and then used the enter key... however, I didn't realise that Search didn't have focus, and it triggered OK instead, which then generated an error about not having selected a valid location... but Theater View thought the dialog box had completed, even though it hadn't, and the whole thing was then in a deadlock.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 03:29:26 pm »

You know, you really could offer a zip code entry system and then have an onscreen menu with numbers so you wouldn't need the keyboard.

Or, just pull up the search pane keyboard so users can enter their city with the remote.  You may need a comma for the , IA part.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 12:41:09 am »

Can I exit to windows directly from Theater view mode ?
I recommend ..option 1,returning to standard view 2.exitin to windows

By exiting to windows, do you mean close MC? If so, then yes you can easily do so. Create a custom theater view button called "Close", for that choose Program as the type of the button and in the program put

C:\windows\system32\mc12.exe /close

Now, clicking on the close button should quit MC.

Osho

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 04:05:50 am »

I managed to crash MC by trying to configure the weather from Theater View.

I typed in my location and then used the enter key... however, I didn't realise that Search didn't have focus, and it triggered OK instead, which then generated an error about not having selected a valid location... but Theater View thought the dialog box had completed, even though it hadn't, and the whole thing was then in a deadlock.

I've done this also.

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 02:50:43 pm »

1. NEW: OSD menu for video and DVD playback using arrow keys and MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_LEFT etc. (Up and down keys select an item; left and right keys change the value). Needs refinement. To be added to TV and Image playback.

This is great, but OSD menu is too small on my TV @ 720x576 resolution. It's not readable at all.
Hope this will be fixed in next builds. Thanks.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 09:29:25 pm »

Configuring Weather from Theater View, if an invalid location is selected (eg none) Theater View displays the "You must select a valid location" message, which I cannot seem to get rid of, requiring a termination of the MC process.

C.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 04:08:20 am »

It still crashes when I'm downloading files from Napster - it's set to auto import the files, and I presume it starts to try to import the files while they're still being downloaded.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 11:03:18 am »

MC can't download cover art for this album:

The Rolling Stones - England's Newest Hit Makers

I wonder if the apostrophe is causing the problem.

I have previously uploaded this cover art as a part of my mass submission (or someone else has before me). I tried to reupload the image, but the response was as expected: skipped (already in the database).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 02:41:03 pm »

• I have a couple of html pages that I set as custom items in Theater View. When I click on the button for the webpage, the right pane turns white until the page is loaded. I think the the right pane should stay the same as the background until the webpage loads.
  • In Theater View, there is no way to navigate a webpage without using a mouse. Using arrows takes you back to the home page.
  • After inserting a cd to play while Theater View is running, MC locks ups if YADB cannot find a match. Clicking cancel has no effect. I have to shut down Theater View using task manager, restart MC, switch to standard view, and reload the cd.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 06:26:56 pm »

As previously reported in build 251, MC12 build 259 still crashes when switching to Theater View using Windows XP Pro x64.

[new thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41148.0 ]
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 12:48:59 am »

I am impressed with reactivity of theater views, although there are still random hangs more than acceptable. I loved the new dark theme, which is easier on the eyes in big screen. (fine, it is kind of cool too).

I think the views should be seperated into two parts (two seperate buttons), one for the view scheme and one for layout (details/lineup etc).

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 03:55:03 pm »

I also experience random hangs/crashes about every 10 minutes in theater view--mainly when actively using theater view or after a long period of watching something then using theater view again.  They aren't incredibly common but they're there.

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 05:34:38 pm »

Shell integration is not working with 12.0.259.  I reinstalled 12.0251 and shell integration works fine.   

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 07:02:33 pm »

Shell integration is not working with 12.0.259.  I reinstalled 12.0251 and shell integration works fine.   
Reinstall 259 and reboot.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 10:51:21 am »

The word 'switch' is mis-spelled as 'swith' on the Shuffle button help-text balloon for 'automatic'.

MrHaugen

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 03:27:43 pm »

The space key STILL plays all when hitting any of the left buttons in Theater View.
It confuses my guests, and quite frankly, me as well. I don't have keys on my remote that explicitly explains "this plays all no mather what" and "this one does what you think it does in the left menu but brings up a selection menu when used on a library item".
I could remove the surrounding buttons and label them though. If I don't, they are bound to hit the wrong key at some point.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 08:46:35 pm »

Reinstall 259 and reboot.

Thank you.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 09:48:27 pm »

Some Smartlist modifiers are not shown when the "Set 'Notes' to description of Smartlist" check-box is selected.

For example:
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~limit=-1,10,[Artist] ~mix=150,40%,{playlistid==470489775 },40%,{playlistid==956469428},20%,{playlistid==86700098} ~nodup=[Album],[Artist],[Name],[Track #] ~sort=[Random]

gives:
Media Type: Audio; Limit: advanced; ; No Duplicates: [Album],[Artist],[Name],[Track #]; Sort: Random
Notice that mix is Mix is missing, just an empty "; ;" in it's place.

Also:
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Artist]=[Lovehammers] OR [Genre]=[Children's]

gives:
Media Type: Audio; Artist: Lovehammers; ; Genre: Children's

Where I'd expect something like:
Media Type: Audio; Artist: Lovehammers OR Genre: Children's

A few other Smartlist bugs/enhancements:
  • Ctrl-A does not select all text in the Import and Export dialogs
  • [Image File]=[Inside File] returns 0 entries, but I know I have files with Cover Art embedded in them
  • It sure would be nice to have a way to rearrange the rules other than cutting and pasting them around in the Import dialog

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 09:08:48 am »

Installed 259 last night, and it looks like all the podcast changes has broken something.  Woke up this morning to find most of my podcasts happily re-downloading every past episode.  Disabled auto-download, cleaned them up, shut down MC, restarted MC.  All of those same podcasts now have the files re-queued for download.  Deleted the old episodes again, shut down MC, restarted MC, and they are all back again.  Seems like I am back to manually handling all of my podcast feeds under MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up