INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Way to Tag? (Tagging Problems)  (Read 924 times)

brianbh

• Recent member
Best Way to Tag? (Tagging Problems)
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:43:03 pm »

Hi,

I am a new MC 12 user and I love the program- sound quality is much better than I got with Musicmatch Jukebox, and MC is stable and not crashing all the time like MM was.

One area that MC does not seem to be as sophisticated in as MM is tagging.  MM used to allow me to tag from filenames, and when I would look tags up in the online database the program used, I would be about 90% successful (except for very new releases).

So far, I can’t find an option to tag from filename in MC, and I just tried the “Look up tabs from YADB” for 10 MP3s, and I got a 0% success rate on all 10.

Is there a more effective way to tag in MC that I am not aware of?  Also, is anyone using an outside tagging program or plug-in that they are happy with?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Best Way to Tag? (Tagging Problems)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:57:40 pm »

Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename

From the program help:
Fill Properties From Filename

This tool allows you to fill in tag information using the filenames and/or directory names of your files. Simply fill in the naming scheme that your files use.

Example

If your filename is: D:\MyMusic\Lyle Lovett – Live in Texas – 1 – Penguins.mp3, select the [Artist] - [Album] - [Track #] - [Title] Filename rule.

If your filename is: D:\Lyle Lovett\Live in Texas\01 - Penguins.mp3, you would select the Directories rule [Artist]\[Album]\ and then the Filename rule [Track #] - [Artist].

Edit

The YADB database for already ripped library tracks is separate from the CD database. It is based on digital file fingerprints and it may not work if someone has not provided data from exactly similar files. Previously I have noticed that if the same file is encoded with a lossless and a lossy encoder these may be detected as different audio tracks. Also a file volume change with Mp3Gain resulted a separate database entry.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up