INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Playing Now Default Mode in Theatre View  (Read 1577 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
Feature Request - Playing Now Default Mode in Theatre View
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:10:50 am »

What I am specifically reuqesting is that, after a period of time of inactivity of using Theatre Mode and assuming something is playing, that the screen defaults to Playing Now, with play controls and a button that resumes theatre view. This way, you can make your selections, music starts playing and after, say 5 minutes, it shifts to Playing Now. Press a button, but not the play controls and your back to Theatre View. I would think that, at least for music, it would make Theatre View more touchscreen friendly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request - Playing Now Default Mode in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 04:32:15 pm »

You must have an iPod. (it does this)

It may make sense.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mhakman

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 05:53:24 pm »

Except that iPod’s Playing Now screen shows what is playing now, not what has been or will be played. MC’s Playing Now displays play queue. In my world’s semantics, MC’s Display View (Big Screen in current parlance) displaying Track Info is Playing Now.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:55:26 pm »

Except that iPod’s Playing Now screen shows what is playing now, not what has been or will be played. MC’s Playing Now displays play queue. In my world’s semantics, MC’s Display View (Big Screen in current parlance) displaying Track Info is Playing Now.

Ths is a subject I've been thinking about lately myself.

I agree, Playing Now is actually more like the play queue while Display View (assuming you have an appropriate track info plugin installed) shows an actual Playing Now. It would be nice if Playing Now didn't rely on Display View and a suitable track info plugin. In other words, hit the Playing Now button and you're taken to a new "Track Info" screen - nice big cover art image with an out-of-box time elapsed/remaining display - the works! Then, within this new view, you should be able to goto your playing now "queue". In here you can do things like jump to fullscreen, save playlists, reshuffle, clear the list, ie, everything the current MC PN screen offers. 

This is more-or-less how the majority of Media Center front-ends handle this.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

mhakman

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 11:19:25 am »

…hit the Playing Now button and you're taken to a new "Track Info" screen - nice big cover art image with an out-of-box time elapsed/remaining display - the works! Then, within this new view, you should be able to goto your playing now "queue". In here you can do things like jump to fullscreen, save playlists, reshuffle, clear the list, ie, everything the current MC PN screen offers. 

This is more-or-less how the majority of Media Center front-ends handle this.

In the meantime, and while waiting for MC TV to catch up with the other front-ends, I designed a Track Info HTML template that does just that, except for elapsed/remaining time (you cannot do that in HTML). I “borrowed” MC’s Acajou background, because I use Acajou TV skin and want Track Info to be visually consistent with it. It displays a large cover image in the middle and the usual Name, Album, Artist, and Year below. Actually the biggest problem was stretching the background to cover the whole screen, no matter what its resolution. After some searching on the ‘Net, analyzing what I found, and experimenting, I got it right.

If I only could get elapsed/remaining time on that…

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:04:55 pm »

In the meantime, and while waiting for MC TV to catch up with the other front-ends, I designed a Track Info HTML template that does just that, except for elapsed/remaining time (you cannot do that in HTML). I “borrowed” MC’s Acajou background, because I use Acajou TV skin and want Track Info to be visually consistent with it. It displays a large cover image in the middle and the usual Name, Album, Artist, and Year below. Actually the biggest problem was stretching the background to cover the whole screen, no matter what its resolution. After some searching on the ‘Net, analyzing what I found, and experimenting, I got it right.

If I only could get elapsed/remaining time on that…

I've tried using a visualization within the Track info to show time remaining or time elapsed. This has been a less than satisfying option and I no longer use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up