INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing MP3s from Playing Now List After They Play  (Read 753 times)

Pete

• Recent member
Removing MP3s from Playing Now List After They Play
« on: August 21, 2002, 08:20:50 pm »

Hi All:

Next question as I learn more and more about MJ8...and dig it more and more.

I've now ripped about 100 CDs of my CD collection and added to MJ. I know that the way MP3 jukeboxes are used around my house is different people add songs expected to play in order - just like a jukebox at a bar. Different people will look in my Shared Music folder at the album cover art folders, pick one, go into it, pick a song, and right-click on the song they want to put in the queue with Media Jukebox\Add to Playing Now. After a while everyone has different MP3 in the queue that play in order and this works well....unless the queue completes before someone else adds another song. If this happens, right-clicking on a song in Windows Explorer with Add to Play List will add the song to the end of the just-played list of songs, but Playing Now will start over from the top of the list of songs already played.

Is there a setting that as soon as a song has played in the Playing Now list it is removed or purged? I can understand that someone may not want this behavior if they later want to make a playlist from songs already played. But for partying around the house, it would be preferred behavior that each song after it has played is removed from the Playing Now queue.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Pete

dragyn

RE:Removing MP3s from Playing Now List After They Play
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 08:53:01 pm »

What you can do is use filtering. Have it set so MJ won't play tracks within a certain time frame (or no time at all).

What you need to do is create a smartlist and have it use "numberplays=>". This will essentially be the top hits list. From there, set filtering to skip this playlist. Any songs in this smartlist will not be played. You will need to reset "Top Hits" to be able to replay songs again.

You could also use lastplayed= or some other rules if numberplays= isn't what you want.

dragyn

RE:Removing MP3s from Playing Now List After They Play
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 09:06:43 pm »

Also forgot to mention (for everyone trying this)..

You'll need to have auto-import turned on in the options and start playing when songs are added to playing now.

And a note for JRiver, you guys need an option to turn off that warning dialog box (for advanced users). If this pops up when adding songs, no more songs will be played/queued until it closes (plus I hated looking at it.) ok? ok. thanks now. bye-bye then. time for bed. zzzzzzzz
Pages: [1]   Go Up