INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast Smartlist Help  (Read 1208 times)

Sara21183

• Recent member
Podcast Smartlist Help
« on: May 10, 2007, 04:23:55 pm »

Ok, so I'm trying to create a smatlist that shows the last 4 video podcasts of all my podcasts. This is how I have it set up:

This works ok because most podcasts don't come out more than once a week, so limiting to a month works pretty well. The only thing is, this doesn't really show the LAST 4, but 4 random podcasts within the date parameters, so podcasts that come out more than once a week get messed up. For example, it will give me eps 155, 157, 160, 163 of dl.tv, but I only want 160, 161, 162, 163 and when 164 comes out I want it to be 161, 162, 162, 164. Is there a way to do this? Thanks  :)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Podcast Smartlist Help
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 03:07:33 am »

try:

[Media Type]=[Video] [Media Sub Type]=[Podcast] ~sort=[date imported]-d ~n=4

see if that works any better for you.

Sara21183

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 11:45:55 pm »

Hm, maybe I'm doing it wrong but that just gave me only 4 results total. I think I'm just gonna have to make 2 lists, one for the ones that come out once a week and another for the ones that come out twice a week. Thanks for your help  :).

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 01:17:06 am »

Hm, maybe I'm doing it wrong but that just gave me only 4 results total.
As I understood it, I thought that 4 files was your goal... :

Ok, so I'm trying to create a smatlist that shows the last 4 video podcasts of all my podcasts.

?

Sara21183

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 03:17:56 pm »

I'm sorry I was confusing  :-\.

What I mean is, I want one smartlist called "podcast" that will have only the last 4 episodes of ALL of my podcasts, ie.  twit, diggnation, dl.tv, etc... That way that one smartlist will have eps. 86-90 of digg, AND eps. 124-130 of dl.tv and so on, and I can just sync that one list to my ipod. I'm thinking that there's just no way with out making two different ones, one for the ones that come out once a week and another for the ones that come out twice a week.

Thanks again for your help and I'm sorry for the confusion.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 02:22:13 am »

ah-ha, i see what you're after now... perhaps we can bend the ~mix modifier to get what you want...

I'm not a big podcast user, and ran into no end of hassles trying to get a few video feeds added. Having finally gotten a few added for testing, how does this work for you?

You will need to edit it before it will work:
the blue parts do not need altered
the brown and navy parts show two of the blocks mentioned below, add as many of these as you have artists.

[Media Type]=video [Media Sub Type]=[Podcast] ~mix=120,4,{[Artist]="enter artist string here" ~sort=[date]-d ~n=4},4,{[Artist]="enter artist string here" ~sort=[date]-d ~n=4} ~nodup=[filename] ~sort=[artist],[date]

You need to add a block like this: 4,{[Artist]="enter artist string here" ~sort=[date]-d ~n=4} for each artist, seperating each block with a comma (no spaces) and filling the [artist] info in as required. You do not need to add the entire contents of [artist], just enough of it to make it unique.

If you're wondering, "How and why"
the number, 120, is just a large number I picked at random and won't be a problem for you unless you have more than 30 video feeds. It represents the total number of files required in the mix.

The ~mix modifier adds duplicate files to the list until the 120 file ceiling has been reached, so we remove all duplicates using the ~nodup modifier, and then finally sort by artist, then date to bring some order to the list.

Are we any closer now?

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up