INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying Data between Library Fields?  (Read 1462 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Copying Data between Library Fields?
« on: July 05, 2007, 06:48:00 am »

I have a '00's of files where currently they are stored in the MC12 library as:
NAME = Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
ARTIST = Various Artists

Any advice on how to change these to:
NAME = Stairway To Heaven
ARTIST = Led Zeppelin

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Copying Data between Library Fields?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 07:00:42 am »

I think the only way is to write the tag to the file name, and then use "Fill properties from file name" to collect it into seperate fields by using "[Artist] - [Name]" (plus any other strings you may have provided in your file name...)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:11:41 am »

Thanks - I must be asleep!  The files were already named in the format of "Track # - Name - Artist"......very easy to fix!
JRiver CEO Elect

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:13:32 am »

No problem:)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 07:50:04 pm »

Yes, it is easy if the filename matches or you are able/willing to change the filename but I'm asking for such functionality to to this direct mayb. a few times over last two years.

MC becomes more and more THE programm to handle all kind of stuff but the basics seemed to be forgotten

For example:

- An editor to solve problems like this described on top of the topic.. put a part of a field into another..and not only move, copy, flipflop!!!!

- A quick prelisten button to use a headphone with a second zone by one button
   (ever used MC on a party with more than 2 beers switching zones to prelisten? *lol*)

- The possibility to reorder the sortingalgor. for foreign words like "Der, Die, Das, El, Da etc." and not only "The ..."

- A memory function when switching viewschemes...should for example let the user made selection of files stay that way..or to have us choose if the selection should stay - that would be wonderful

- A bigger search input field to type in special searches and this combined with a searchhistory

- A "fuzzy" search with wildcards to compare files that are nearly the same
  ..to sort out missspelled entrys and duplicates (To find for Example: Beatles,Beatels and Beetels with B*ls)

- A direct conection to "mp3gain" without dragdrop or giving the path to the external program opening more than one instance (to have a useful gainmethod with external mp3players also)

- Analyse function to find defect audio files !!!

- Analyse function to cut out zerosilence from beginning and end of files

- The option to ask me if a file is write protected if this should be solved ..and not only a tagging error

- The option to decide if a file should be overwritten if it is a duplicate..at the moment when renaming two identical files with corrected tags the second one is written with name(1).mp3 on disk..but I want to eleminate this dup. track.

...I have so much more ideas...

maybe this time it will run a discussion about the ideas i got when sorting my over 100000 audio files

thx for reading..and sorry about the misstakes with the language
yooz

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 08:28:10 am »

"- A memory function when switching viewschemes...should for example let the user made selection of files stay that way..or to have us choose if the selection should stay - that would be wonderful"

Yes, we need this. Also when entering a search, how many times have you wanted to switch to Pane or another view and you lose the search; you're still in the same scheme just changing the view and it resets!

Similarly, when you want to select all files in a scheme but not selecting any, reset does not do this. When you first select a view scheme and press play you get all files added to Playing Now. Once a file is selected however you have to switch and reselect the View Scheme, reset won't accomplish this.

You're other ideas sound great, especially, the analyze function for defective files.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up