INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locate>advanced> some list field, does not work.  (Read 830 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Locate>advanced> some list field, does not work.
« on: June 28, 2007, 04:27:50 am »

i use the locate function a lot. and i love it. one problem is that when you use it on a list field, and that field has more than one value it does return nothing. something you would not expect since you always should get the item back that you tried to locate.

when locating a list field with only one value it returns a list with that value and all the other values it shares under other items. this behaviour i really love.

example:
i have a list field called [artists]
when i locate>advanced>artists and there is forinstance only 'john zorn' there it gives me
john zorn, bill frisell, marc ribot, fred frith etc. artists he collaberate with on other records i have. nice!

now when there is 'john zorn;fred frith' in that field it returns nothing. (apparently it searches for the two tied together including the ; in the list).
it would be very nice if it would return a list with the two and the people they played together with.

thanks. hope this makes sence.

EDIT: something i like to add. at this moment when using thumbnails in the upperpanel, you can use locate. when you switch to panes you cant. it would be nice if that would be possible also.

gappie

Re: Locate>advanced> some list field, does not work.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:41:18 pm »

some other issues with locate.

i have a record called : La Cantina "Entre Copa y Copa..."
locate>album wont find it

also:

take a list in playing now. rightclick on one song. choose locate album. change the list style of what you get and hit the back button. playing now only shows the song you selected (altough the others are apparently still there). pressing refresh or playing now in the tree does not help. playing now in the toolbar does.

gab

gappie

Re: Locate>advanced> some list field, does not work.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:25:03 am »

:)
bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up