INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Shuffle Sync Problem  (Read 2319 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
iPod Shuffle Sync Problem
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:17:31 pm »

Background - the iPod shuffle has no screen - you can either play songs in order or shuffle the play.

When syncing the iPod shuffle using a smartlist, the tracks being written to the iPod are not in the proper sequence. The order shown on the sync details screen are in some random order. Even if you try to sort this view, as soon as the sync starts, the random order comes back.

It is this random order that the iPod Shuffle uses to play back songs in order.  Therfore there is no way to sync the iPod shuffle using smartlists and still maintain the feature of playing songs in order.

If you manually sync by copying a smartlist, this same random order appears. I'm guessing that the random order is the physical sequence in the smartlist.

If you manually sync by dragging an album, everything works OK.  This workaround is OK, but you have to manually clear tracks off of the iPod to make room. With an iPod Shuffle, you only have 1gb to work with, so you have to constantly delete content before adding more.  If I use a smartlist, it can automatically delete tracks that are not in the sync list, so this is much easier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up