INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumb Question from a Newbie  (Read 1075 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Dumb Question from a Newbie
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:15:16 pm »

How can I get MC12 to display the library data when it first opens? I can't find the library it created when I installed the program. By the time I finally get the library to appear, I forgot what I did to make it display...

Also, Will MC12 let me import data from an Excel spreadsheet, edit and modify the resulting library (?), then rewrite the ID3v2 tags from the edited library back to the files?

* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4412
* Firefox 126; Thunderbird 116

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dumb Question from a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 11:57:51 pm »

How can I get MC12 to display the library data when it first opens?
You can do this by CTRL + O and selecting Startup on the left pane. On the right pane, right under "Startup Interface" will be "Location: ...". Default is "Location: Start" but you can have it display your audio, video, etc... Just click to change location.

I can't find the library it created when I installed the program
Not sure I understand this. Are you talking about File > Library > Library Manager...?

or

Are you talking about the music, video, etc...Library. If so have you impoted them into MC? If you have it should show up when you click the Audio, Video, Images or Documents Icon (Document has no icon) in the upper left.

Will MC12 let me import data from an Excel spreadsheet, edit and modify the resulting library (?)
I'm not an expert but I don't think you can do this.

then rewrite the ID3v2 tags from the edited library back to the files?
Options (CTRL + O) > General > Importing and Tagging
If "Update tags when file info changes" is checked yout tags in the files will be updated when ever you make changes.

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 06:21:22 pm »

You can do this by CTRL + O and selecting Startup on the left pane. On the right pane, right under "Startup Interface" will be "Location: ...". Default is "Location: Start" but you can have it display your audio, video, etc...

Are you talking about the music, video, etc...Library. If so have you impoted them into MC? If you have it should show up when you click the Audio, Video, Images or Docume

I'm not an expert but I don't think you can do this.

Options (CTRL + O) > General > Importing and Tagging
If "Update tags when file info changes" is checked yout tags in the files will be updated when ever you make changes.

Thanks for the help. Too bad I cannot somehow transfer the data from the spreadsheet (it's just a table!) into MC12, especially after spending most of last weekend manually tagging things (didn't know about MC12 then). Maybe I'll repost the question...
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.4412
* Firefox 126; Thunderbird 116

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:03:41 pm »

Heres a thought, which I havent tested fully. Can you manipulate your spreadsheet to generate an mpl (MC default) playlist or other such playlist file type. MPLs are just text files it seems, and can seemingly contain all field data (try File, Export playlist to generate an example.

You can then import your playlist. To get the details into MC. What Im not really clear on is whether 'rename files from properties' and 'update tags when info changes' will be all you need to sync filenames and tags with the MC library, but it looks like it might having done a little bit of playing around with a test example.

I dont know how MC will work on an mpl list which contains some tags you probably dont have on your spreadsheet. However you can export to html or text only visible fields, so you should be able to adjust the view settings accordingly before you export.

Im not sure if this is just more trouble than its worth - depends on your library I guess. Please use carefully and test first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up