INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to Play TV  (Read 3383 times)

sulltp

• Recent member
Failed to Play TV
« on: July 22, 2007, 02:37:42 pm »

I have got MC12.0.279 with a Leaktek DTV Dongle (BDA Driver apparently)
In MC I go to TV>Options>Digital and Scan for the channels, it finds loads and plays one while it finishes scanning...
It then finishes scanning and leaves a channel playing so it can obviously pick up channels and play them ...

But as soon as I click OK and close the dialog, the channel stops working - it says "Failed to Play TV. (Unknown Error)
This happens when choosing a channel from the new list every time, it says "Starting TV" and it might say "Timed out" or something along those lines with the failed to play TV error.

What could this be? I have closed all apps except this but doesn't work:

Thanks in advance

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Failed to Play TV
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:54:35 am »

I seem to remember hearing other people reporting similar problem.

Can you email me a log file?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sulltp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:44:50 pm »

Thanks - I've emailed the log file - although I get the same problem now but with no error message

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 05:37:29 pm »

Thanks for the log file.

There is something puzzling in the log. Was the log produced during the process of scanning, and only scanning, for channels?

I see in the log intermixing of logging entries for scanning and playing channels.

During scanning, you aren't supposed to be able to start playing any channels (you should not be able to double-click any channel entries). Did you wait for scanning to finish and click OK buttons to exit the scanning window? During scanning you can sometimes briefly see a program being played, but that usually only lasts briefly, until the scanner moves to the next channel.

sulltp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 06:31:44 pm »

I did not click on any channels while the scan was in progress

"During scanning you can sometimes briefly see a program being played, but that usually only lasts briefly, until the scanner moves to the next channel."
Yes, this is what happened - it probably showed roughly four different channels throughout the whole scan process which showed the tuner card works etc
Then I clicked OK to close and save the scan and received no error this time but when clicking on various channels to test them, just a blank screen is shown.
My USB TV Card has a light on to show when it is on and it is on the whole time of scanning and trying to view channels.

I started a new log just before starting the scan, and it then finished after the scan and after clicking OK to close the scan and test a few of the channels - I then closed the program and sent the log.

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 07:42:19 am »

I did not click on any channels while the scan was in progress

I started a new log just before starting the scan, and it then finished after the scan and after clicking OK to close the scan and test a few of the channels - I then closed the program and sent the log.

Mystery. It looks like that program issued play call from within itself.

That aside, do you get a valid list of channels after scanning? If so, try just playing them without going through scanning again. And send me another log file after trying to play a few channels.

sulltp

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 01:43:01 pm »

"That aside, do you get a valid list of channels after scanning? If so, try just playing them without going through scanning again"
Yes I get a very good list of channels and they're all valid for the area I'm in - I've tryed opening them - it goes full screen but is just a black screen now - it says "starting tv" but no error messages anymore.

I'm just about to send the other log files you wanted

sulltp

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 01:57:56 pm »

Also.. During the scan, the signal strength says 80% to 100% but if restating the program or after the scan - the strength says 0% - maybe this is why it doesn't display anything - if it thinks the signal is 0?

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:33 pm »

Also.. During the scan, the signal strength says 80% to 100% but if restating the program or after the scan - the strength says 0% - maybe this is why it doesn't display anything - if it thinks the signal is 0?

FYI - I often see the same thing - 0% signal strength - when starting the program or tuning a station for the first time from a stopped state even though my tuner is working perfectly.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 06:52:54 am »

I get the "Falied to Play TV" message if the Tuner is not available (eg the drivers have crashed OR if it is already being used by another process (eg MC for a timed recoding OR the software that came with the card)).
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

sulltp

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:56:08 am »

OK I guess it can't be to do with the 0% signal - thanks for your help

I have tried using MC with no other programs open - just bare minimum Windows and it's still the same problems - the strange thing is that it can see the channels and play them when it is scanning. MC turns the tuner on successfully when trying to watch or tune it - so it isn't being used beforehand because the light is off on the tuner itself - I'm very confused about all this now - thanks for your help Nathan

sulltp

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 05:39:49 am »

Have the logs helped at all? Anything else you would like me to send or do?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up