INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB submission tag  (Read 855 times)

mlagase

• World Citizen
YADB submission tag
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:34:11 am »

Is there currently a way to know if an albums information has been submitted to the YADB database? I am currently in the middle of submitting 70,000+ songs and since this does not run in the background, I can't do anyting with MC at the moment. If I were to stop this process 30,000+ songs in, how could I know what was already submitted?

If I were to run through the whole lot again, would it be faster for tracks that have already been submitted, or do we have to reanalyze everything again?

Thanks,

Mike

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: YADB submission tag
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:33:20 am »

I use a custom library field with two possible values: empty or Y (=yes).

I add the files to a playlist, submit from this playlist and after that write Y in my "Submitted to YADB" field.

Later on when I want to submit new files I can use a smartlist which excludes the files with Y values. Naturally, I mark also these new files as submitted after a successful submission.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mlagase

• World Citizen
Re: YADB submission tag
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:38:12 am »

Ouch, so I am most likely going to have to reprocess everything and add the custom field to help track this. Oh well, lessons learned.  :)

Thanks Alex for the prompt responses as this is definately helping me out here.

I have been using this program a lot lately and have to say that this product absolutely rocks as there is so many hidden features that I can't believe how I have missed so many of them.

I will be using this software until the end of time as there is no other product that even comes close.

Thanks,

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up