INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 problems  (Read 886 times)

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
MP4 problems
« on: July 15, 2007, 12:54:00 am »

Ok, now I'm trying to import video files and most of them work, except for the dreaded MP4 files.  I've gone into the Directshow dialog and selected MP4, but when I try to play the files, MC crashes.  I have FFDShow installed, and the files play fine in Zoomplayer.

I also have an MPEG file that won't play correctly in MC.  It plays fine in Zoomplayer.

Jason

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MP4 problems
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:45:52 am »

Make sure you have a good version of FFDShow and a good version of splitter filter (MP4 Splitter or Haali Media Splitter).

You can try finding out which filters Zoomplayer uses and then tell MC to use the same filters.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 03:30:30 pm »

You can try finding out which filters Zoomplayer uses and then tell MC to use the same filters.

Ok, finally I found some settings that would work.  I'm not sure what I did, but things are working now.

Part of the problem I was having was that it would default back to Quicktime when it would play (tho it would only play audio).\

Now, I need to figure out what's wrong with that MPEG...

Jason

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:02:00 am »

You may also want to read this: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide

ZoomPlayer includes a few filters built-in that make it work with some container formats out of the box that MC doesn't.  However, it is quite simple to get MC set up to support everything that both ZoomPlayer and VLC support, and MC's method is a bit more flexible.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up