INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help - album display  (Read 1114 times)

konominut

• Recent member
I need help - album display
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:04:30 pm »

I really like Media Center but I am very frustrated right now and ready to rethink my commitment to the product.  I like to display the album cover thumbnails above the contents of each album.  I would like to have only one thumbnail per album, however occasionally I get multiple thumbnails for the same album.  I cannot figure out how to group the various singles into one album thumbnail.  I am pretty sure that it has something to do with "Album type" in the tags but I cannot figure out how to manually change that tag.  Please tell me. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: I need help - album display
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 04:17:12 pm »

Make sure the artist and album values match for all the files on the album.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tigor

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:18:51 am »

Is there already a workaround? I have the same problem with version 12.0.267. Nevertheless I'm glad I bought JRiver Mediacenter and I hope this problem will be looked at.

For example, 2 albums. One of them shows just 1 cover (and groups all songs under it), the other album shows for every song a cover. Both albums are tagged correctly and in the same manner.

Is there a manual override option where you can specify it should be one album?

Thanks in advance.
Tig

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 11:38:05 am »

Both albums are tagged correctly and in the same manner.

I wonder, are the files in the same directory, or, as I suspect, spread across many different directories?

If that is the case, then the problem album would be a multiple artist album, therefore, I strongly advise that you have a read of this thread which explains the [album artist (auto)] field:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0

if you still have questions, it's probably best to post them here rather than in the linked thread.

tigor

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 10:45:28 am »

I think I found a solution and answer to my question and problem.

It seems when there are songs in 1 directory which have a different albumname (eg.: 10 files with albumtitle "Compilation 2005 Cd1" and 10 files with albumtitle "Compilation 2005 Cd2") then MediaCenter doesn't group them into one picture/album, instead it generates for every song a picture.

Placing songs with the same albumname under a directory (eg.: Directory "CD1" and "CD2" solves the problem (MediaCenter shows only 2 pictures, for each CD one picture).

Another solution is make the albumname the same for all songs and leave them into one directory and using the mp3-tag 'disc' to identify the different cd's. The mp3-filename has no effect on MediaCenter interpretation of albums, so you can add 'CD1' or 'CD2' into the filename too.

Imho, MediaCenter doesn't look at the discnumber, nor the albumname to identify songs which belong under one albumname, instead it uses the physical directory for identification of albums. Or am I wrong on this ?

Greetz and thx for your replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up