INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 12 Friendly News Reader?  (Read 660 times)

sfreema1

• Recent member
MC 12 Friendly News Reader?
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:52:45 pm »

Hello All!

This is one of my first posts to this forum. I've searched and searched and havent found exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, so I decided to reach out to the community. I have an HTPC attached to my plasma in my living room. I use a bunch of different apps to bring it altogether, including MC12 for music and for its theatre view. I really like the News feature, and though I realize it is not customizable yet because of some formatiing issues, I figured it would be possible to launch an external RSS reader from the theatre view main menu. I was wondering if anyone has found a reader that works well in this scenario. All of the ones I have checked out thus far don't really lend themselves to a full-screen 10-foot interface view like theatre view. I'm not worried about controling it with a remote, since it will be an externally launched app, I can program Event Ghost to control it via my firefly remote. Having it be skinnable would be a plus, but its not a requirement.

The only other thing i can figure to do would be to launch IE externally (so the remote can control it) and have the rss feeds pulled together on a web page and then view from there. That requires a lot of scripting and doesnt seem to be that clean of a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up